how can you guys afford so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a summer internship this summer, for years I lived with my old desktop because I had no income to buy a new one, now that I have money the very top priority was new desktop, and to go along with that I got some new monitors for an Eyefinity setup.

The other big thing is not to waste money on expensive versions of products. There are many motherboards out there for the i7 processor that basically all do the same thing. I went with one of the cheaper ones that still had everything I wanted and it turned out just fine. There's no reason to spend 300-400 or more on a motherboard even for the i7. Same goes for everything else, if you can overclock it or improve it yourself you will save money. I also decided not to go with SSD because on my budget they seem unreasonably expensive. As for the monitors, I got them because they were on sale for a good price ($140 for a 21.5" 1080p LCD is pretty good).

i mean, ive seen setups here that just the gpu itself in sli costs nearly a thousand bucks, what do you guys do for a living?. dont you have girl friends that take all your money?

I am a teacher in California...but I look for good deals, buy up many items when there are killer deals, then resell, and make enough to just about pay for the entire systems that I build.

My dad and several friends on the other hand, approached things a little different...and made millions...

He put money in Cisco stock when it went public [sometime around 1994 I think]. Then he left it there until January 2000. He withdrew all of it in January 2000 [at the advice of Bob Brinker].

Here is the shocker:

For every $1000 he invested in the Cisco stock, he made $37,000,000. Yes, you read it right....$37 million for every $1000 invested....

Unfortunately, those days are over, but that is how many of my relatives and friends did well....

Soar

Well personally, I have a disability (cerebral palsy) due to hospital negligence. To cut a long story short, I sued and now I don't have to work if I don't want to...

I do though, eventually. Otherwise that's a Cambridge MA studied for nothing :p

I'm a safety consultant....the deal I with my wife is that what I make building and selling comps I can then use to buy whatever I want. Works out well as a side project, a few grand a year to play with. Like was mentioned above, what are your priorities, some guys toss thousands into their car, tools, wood working, etc.... I like computers :D

Hahaha. Yeah my GF isn't taking my money till were married Lol, in return I leave her finances alone ^^.

As far as money itself goes, when I was working I'd put in 10-20 hours overtime every week. Have enough for a new pc in a couple months.

Now that i've messed up my shoulder im stuck putting 20 or 30 a week away for PC hardware fund lol It's been several months but im a bit over halfway to a sweet i7 build XD

Oh was a warehouse worker. Now im going to school for IT networking and such.

Currently i am handling any exports that go through a shipping company i work for (got a promotion recently). I Have certain priorities, major one is my being happy. Computers, tech, and my gf are what make me happy, so that is what i spend money on. My gf is not high maintenance at all, but i like to make her happy(she would be more then happy just to spend time with me, but spoiling her makes me happy), that doesn't mean spending boat loads on stuff, but going out to do something fun usually costs quite a bit of money.

I am a controller for a small US company and work in corporate finance for a large Swedish company.

Luckily my wife's camera habit matches my computer habit so I do not take much heat for my computer purchases.

I just save almost all of my money from my job, I usually don't buy a lot of stuff. Like some people go out and get a soda or some chips or something at the store when they are out. I don't do stuff like that. Birthday money helps too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom