Dangerous Temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fattty

Baseband Member
jv2lis.jpg

Wondering if that is normal for a laptop? Feels hot to the touch and is on top of an antec dual fan laptop cooler. I was running two clients for an online game. Laptop gets hotter while playing games like Dirt 2 or Gta IV etc.

Toshiba Satellite a305-s6916
Intel C2D 2.0ghz
ATI HD 3650

Okay, so that is normal? I will post a screenie soon with HWmoniter when i dont have the fan under it.

That is a little hot, but not extreme. Try turning down features in Power Options, take Aero off, go to msconfig and take off startup programs that aren't needed, etc.

Um, its maxing at 90! Thats too hot for a cpu!

How old is the laptop, and what is the cpu?

You need to try and clean it out. I recently used a vacuum and blew air in as i suck dust out.

Try to elevate the rear of the laptop to incraese the exit airflow, to get all the hot air from under the system.

Turning off areo won't help, your gpu temps fine, and stopping things in msco0nfig is useless, unless they are taking up cpu cycles... Which is doubtful.

THe laptop itself may be around a couple months old, but the model is around 1-2 years old.
THe laptop is already elevated, (9 cell battery which extends under the laptop giving about a 1cm lift)
I will clean the laptop out wiht a vaccum as you suggested.

Any other ways to get it running cooler? (need some help and tips on what to change in power options.)

When I say elevate a bit, make sure theres a gap between the back of base and a hard surface. I use a vhs tape.. To get my exhaust away from the bottom, and leaves room for the air to go straight back.

As for power options, I fold the cpu client, and my temps aren't bad... cpu i think about 65... my cpu sensors stuck, so its a guess based on other sensors, but i got it set for max power... I really don't think the power options are much use for heat, but really for battery life.

The last issue is your ambient temp, if your in the south, the temps are deffinately higher than say a person in Alaska.

If hes not gaming, then he has even more problems. His cpu is at 89C, so if thats word/internet use, hes got immense problems.

Plus he said he was:
I was running two clients for an online game. Laptop gets hotter while playing games like Dirt 2 or Gta IV etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom