Upgrading an old pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickolasDS

Beta member
Hello everyone. I'm in process of up grading a fairly old pc. My problem is I don't know if the certain parts I'm looking at purchasing, will work with the motherboard at hand. So I was hoping that if I supplied all of the necessary links of info, you guys could tell me if all of the parts are compatible?

So here is the motherboard: Intel D915GAV It's old, I know.

Here are the parts I'm looking to purchase:

SAPPHIRE 100283L Radeon HD 5770

Rosewill Green Series RG630-S12 630W

Rendition by Crucial 1GB DDR2

So will those three parts work with the intel board?

and the mobo doesn't have any pci-e x16 slots for the gfx card.

for the psu, you would probably need to tell us what model # your pc is, to look it up and check to see if your case supports atx psus.

oh yea, i see it now. i just looked at the "expansion capabilities" and only saw pci and x1 slots listed, the x16 is hidden in the small paragraph above.

kmote's right, you do have a x16 slot for the gfx card.

the psu might still be an issue though.

I missed the DDR2 bit. Thanks for that.

I'm pretty sure the video card was the right size, but I was worried that somehow the size of it wouldn't fit with the tower. Like the back wouldn't properly connect or something.

It's an Enspire Active Cool Gaming Case Mid Tower. I can't find any stats on it, or even an image. It's a gray case, with blue LCDs (if you can manage to find a copy).

Yes, there is two slots that look to be available for the back of the card. I also did measure before hand, and it was small enough.

Also, a few more inquiries...

Does this ram seem acceptable?

PQI POWER Series 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400

For the PSU, should I measure the size of the unit I have now and compare it to the one I want to purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom