Looking for the Perfect Gaming Laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geomerge

Solid State Member
I'm looking for the perfect one for me... My dilemma? I'm short on cash and I'm not good with computer talk. So, I'm here to ask the experts, the know-hows.

I was looking at Alienware, because they are just some bad-*** beautiful pieces of machinery. But they are so expensive for the good ones... I've been told more than once that I can get the same thing for WAY better prices. So that's what I'm looking for.

Here's what I need:
1. APPEARANCE
Of course, I want a New, up-to-dateLaptop. (Or I wouldn't be in this forum.) I want something portable. I move a lot and my system has to come with me when I do. As for the appearance of it, it needs a nice, easy to use keyboard, the usual touch mouse thing, usual ports and a CD drive. I'd also like it to come with a CD burner at least but I'm sure this comes with just about everything.)
Screen: Not under 11"
Shell: I need something that looks pretty, like, possibly Alienware pretty? Girls like pretty things. (This is of course, optional.) I am also a pretty experienced artist so I can mod things if you give me ideas, tutorials, etc.

2. A GAMER
I am a Gamer. I want my system to play games. I don't need it to play Crysis on High-res though, I just need it to play Team Fortress on Medium or something. Nothing spectacular.

3. PERFORMANCE
Running Windows 7, definitely. Able to connect to the internet well, and able to run art programs such as Photoshop or Moviemaker.

4. HARD DRIVE / PROCESSOR
I'll probably just buy an external for backup, but the internal HD has to have at BARE MINIMUM about 250GB. I also would prefer a new Intel Core i7 Pro over all other processors, but if anything I'll go with the i7 regular, or the i5.

5. PRICE
Under 1000 USD.
*But if it's just THAT good not to buy, then I can go higher. I'm looking for high quality stuff, because I want to start off with something I can use for a long time.

I don't really know what else to put here.
Give me ideas, I guess? (For other things I should include.)

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Dana

Get a desktop, man. You will not find a "good" gaming computer inder 1,000.

The onl Alienware we suggest is the M11x. That screen might be too small for you, though. All other Alienwares may look pretty on the outside, but their components inside are crap.

As reccomended here before, go to Ibuypower: iBUYPOWER Computer - INTEL
They have good hard facts, you know what you are buying.

I'm looking for the perfect one for me... My dilemma? I'm short on cash and I'm not good with computer talk. So, I'm here to ask the experts, the know-hows.

I was looking at Alienware, because they are just some bad-*** beautiful pieces of machinery. But they are so expensive for the good ones... I've been told more than once that I can get the same thing for WAY better prices. So that's what I'm looking for.

Here's what I need:
1. APPEARANCE
Of course, I want a New, up-to-dateLaptop. (Or I wouldn't be in this forum.) I want something portable. I move a lot and my system has to come with me when I do. As for the appearance of it, it needs a nice, easy to use keyboard, the usual touch mouse thing, usual ports and a CD drive. I'd also like it to come with a CD burner at least but I'm sure this comes with just about everything.)
Screen: Not under 11"
Shell: I need something that looks pretty, like, possibly Alienware pretty? Girls like pretty things. (This is of course, optional.) I am also a pretty experienced artist so I can mod things if you give me ideas, tutorials, etc.

2. A GAMER
I am a Gamer. I want my system to play games. I don't need it to play Crysis on High-res though, I just need it to play Team Fortress on Medium or something. Nothing spectacular.

3. PERFORMANCE
Running Windows 7, definitely. Able to connect to the internet well, and able to run art programs such as Photoshop or Moviemaker.

4. HARD DRIVE / PROCESSOR
I'll probably just buy an external for backup, but the internal HD has to have at BARE MINIMUM about 250GB. I also would prefer a new Intel Core i7 Pro over all other processors, but if anything I'll go with the i7 regular, or the i5.

5. PRICE
Under 1000 USD.
*But if it's just THAT good not to buy, then I can go higher. I'm looking for high quality stuff, because I want to start off with something I can use for a long time.

I don't really know what else to put here.
Give me ideas, I guess? (For other things I should include.)

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Dana

Hi Dana,

You should check out the iBUYPOWER Battalion Touch CZ-10 or the Alienware M11x. Both are powerful gaming laptops with great graphics. However, due to your price limitations they don't have i7 processors. The iBUYPOWER Battalion Touch CZ-10 does have 250 GB hard drive space.

What do you think?

Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

Slay: Thanks a bunch! Those seem really nice and helpful, I'll bookmark them.

Mind: That's the one I was looking at actually. I can afford it, and now they have the new processors for them so that's a good thing.

Isabella: Isn't the Battalion a touchscreen? I was actually thinking about that one too, but what is your personal opinion of it? (Anyone) The M11x just had a shop upgrade to where you can buy it with an i7, s that's good. But I really don't NEED the i7, I'm thinking it's just an optional at this point due to the fact that it's pretty new. (And a bit expensive for me.)

As for desktops, I might switch to a desktop if I don't find what I am looking for. Would it be a better deal to build my own, or buy a premade? Because I have a friend that assembles his own and he's willing to help me out with building a PC.

Also, can I get my desktop for less than 1k? And have all the general qualities I'm looking for?

Get a desktop, man. You will not find a "good" gaming computer inder 1,000.

The onl Alienware we suggest is the M11x. That screen might be too small for you, though. All other Alienwares may look pretty on the outside, but their components inside are crap.

As reccomended here before, go to Ibuypower: iBUYPOWER Computer - INTEL
They have good hard facts, you know what you are buying.

Also, what is your definition of "Good"?
I don't know... I just have sort of low standards when it comes to gaming laptops anyway.
I need to know as much information as possible!

Thanks, everyone! :)

My description of "good" means, you will not get graphic performance out of it for high gaming, but is perfect for simple everyday use. Heat is an issue in laptops, no matter how many vents you have.

A desktop is a nice alternative. You know what is going into it. It can easily be had at under 1k. For that, go to the "build, upgrade, etc." forum, two above Everything Laptops. They can help you build on a budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom