My Windows XP Desktop Keeps on Glitching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately uninstalling my graphics driver and installing one from the ATI website was not the solution. Any other ideas?

Here are some pictures of it

this one was from a few months ago

Crazypete3

This one is from just a few minutes ago, these are what my icons look like usually, in that video i dunno why it didn't show on all of them

Crazypete3

Guys i noticed something. When i ran driver sweeper it shows the list of drivers, and i would click on ATI then click clean. But near the bottom of the list i notice a NVIDIA - Display. It seems weird because i already have ATI - Display so why would NVIDIA be on there also.

This is the list that it shows

ATI - Display
Creative - Sound
Microsoft - Mouse
NVIDIA - Chipset
NVIDIA - Display
NVIDIA - PhysX
Realtek - Sound

Ok i think i never uninstalled it the first time. I just clicked on clean and thought it uninstalled it, then i installed the one i got from the internet but i believe it just installed the ATI catalyst, not the driver.

This time i cleaned it out, then i went to my device manager and uninstalled it. When i restarted my computer it was using the windows default one. I then looked for new hardware and found my ATI Radeon 2400 Pro and installed it from there. Hopefully this will work this time. If it doesn't ill let you guys know.

You have to many display drivers. You need to use Driver Sweeper to clean out the nVidia drivers. The system is having a conflict on which set of display drivers to use.

dang, its still happening.

about that NVIDIA problem, do i clean the chipset, display, and physX or do i just do the display one?

and when i clean whichever ones do i just hit the clean, or do i need to also go to device manager and uninstall it if its in there

Well, ive cleaned everything on the NVIDIA and i have reinstalled my graphics driver and it is still doing this, any more ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom