Plan on building a gaming PC eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, even for the surround sound, you probably won't need that Sound card, your board comes with 8 audio channels, of which include coax and optical, so you really should be covered unless you are going to be doing something crazy that I am just totally missing here.

If you want your stuff to sound the best, save the money and invest in better speakers, while the X-540 are nice speakers, with the money you could save and re-invest in better ones would benefit you more than if you had a sound card, which, ARGUABLY, does not really do much.

Than again, if I am missing something you are doing with it and I am just being a pain right now, let me know.

Oh, thank you for telling me that it already had 8 channel audio on the motherboard.
I guess I'll take that sound card out then...

Then, what speakers do you suggest?
I also still need a fan, any that you suggest? Is this a good fan?

Anything ThX certified will sound amazing, it is a hard certification to get.

The Z-5300 and Z-5500 come to mind, you can find those for under $250 with some looking (Or allot of looking in the 5500's case. Newegg has the Z-5500 on sale for $310 right now, regularly like $375 or something. But unless you really like your audio, the Z-5300's (Or even the X-540's) should be what you need.

Here is a link to both
5300 - Newegg.com - Logitech THX Z-5300e 280 Watts RMS 5.1 Speaker
5500 - Newegg.com - Logitech Z-5500 505 Watts 5.1 Digital Speaker System

Also, don't feel you NEED to upgrade your speakers, the Logitech x-540 is still a very nice budget surround system.
540 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...006&cm_re=5.1_logitech-_-36-121-006-_-Product

As far as fans go, I am not the guy you want to talk to.

Edit In: Oh, one more thing, if you are not set on 5.1, the Logitech Z-2300 is an awesome 2.1 speaker set, On sale at amazon. (I use these because I am always moving my rig so 5.1 is impractical).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002SQ2P2/ref=oss_product

If you want your stuff to sound the best, save the money and invest in better speakers, while the X-540 are nice speakers, with the money you could save and re-invest in better ones would benefit you more than if you had a sound card, which, ARGUABLY, does not really do much.

Than again, if I am missing something you are doing with it and I am just being a pain right now, let me know.

A sound card is beneficial if you have good speakers; it always takes away stress from the CPU having to do all of the audio processing work. Not to mention that having a separate sound card will cut away more interference, since you can easily get interference from onboard on account of it being integrated into the motherboard, and the other electrical components there can create said interference.

While yes, onboard is decent enough, if you want better audio quality, you'll want a separate sound card. This doesn't have to be done right away...you can upgrade to a sound card later on down the road of course.

Also, +1 to the Z-5500's. I have 'em, and they're great. They can be a bit boomy sometimes, but I can tweak my sound with a software equalizer that my soundcard has.

Anything ThX certified will sound amazing, it is a hard certification to get.

The Z-5300 and Z-5500 come to mind, you can find those for under $250 with some looking (Or allot of looking in the 5500's case. Newegg has the Z-5500 on sale for $310 right now, regularly like $375 or something. But unless you really like your audio, the Z-5300's (Or even the X-540's) should be what you need.

Here is a link to both
5300 - Newegg.com - Logitech THX Z-5300e 280 Watts RMS 5.1 Speaker
5500 - Newegg.com - Logitech Z-5500 505 Watts 5.1 Digital Speaker System

Also, don't feel you NEED to upgrade your speakers, the Logitech x-540 is still a very nice budget surround system.
540 - Newegg.com - Logitech X-540 70 watts 5.1 Speakers

As far as fans go, I am not the guy you want to talk to.

Edit In: Oh, one more thing, if you are not set on 5.1, the Logitech Z-2300 is an awesome 2.1 speaker set, On sale at amazon.
Amazon.com: Logitech Z-2300 THX-Certified 2.1 Speaker System with Subwoofer: Electronics
I think I'll just stick with the X - 540's.

I think the fan is pretty good. I've heard that a refridgerator hums at about 42 decibels, and I think that fan says 41.51 decibels. I probably wouldn't notice it unless everything was silent. And I usually don't have everything silent. Usually playing a (flash) game or listening to music on this computer. I guess I'll go with the one that I asked about.

Okay, I need someone to tell me if these parts are compatible.
The fan says that the Power connector is 3/4 pin.
The motherboard says the power pin is 24 pin.
The power supply unit says the main connector is 20+4 pin.
The power supply unit also says that it's PCI-Express Connector is 4 x 6+2-Pin.
Does this mean that the fan won't work for the motherboard? Does this mean the motherboard and PSU aren't compatible? Does this mean that the PSU will take up the spaces for the PCI-Express using cards? The motherboard only has 3 PCI-Express 16x slots, and 1 PCI-Express 1x slot. Or is the part about the PSU just saying it can power four PCI-Express using parts?

Not exactly sure what you are asking but I will try to answer my interpretation.

20+4 = 24 (it just means there is a 20 pin connector, with an optional 4 pin connector, so put together it is 24.

Your motherboard has 3 PICE 2.0x16 slots, any un-used power cords will just chill over wherever you leave them. The slots are for the cards and the cards have the power socket on them.

Also, your fan will work fine.

Not exactly sure what you are asking but I will try to answer my interpretation.

20+4 = 24 (it just means there is a 20 pin connector, with an optional 4 pin connector, so put together it is 24.

Your motherboard has 3 PICE 2.0x16 slots, any un-used power cords will just chill over wherever you leave them. The slots are for the cards and the cards have the power socket on them.

Also, your fan will work fine.

Okay, so all that matters with compatibility for the PSU and mobo is the amount of pins being equal, and the part where it says that it has 4 PCIe is meaning it can power up to 4 PCIe using devices?
Where would I put the fan in?

Okay, so all that matters with compatibility for the PSU and mobo is the amount of pins being equal, and the part where it says that it has 4 PCIe is meaning it can power up to 4 PCIe using devices?

Again, you lost me with your fancy words, however you should just be able to screw the fan to the case... Or... am I missing your meaning?

Standard PSU power connector is 24pin (they break it into 20+4, because you can still use it on a motherboard that is only a 20-pin connector). All newer boards all have 24-pin connectors on them.

And it depends on what case you get, as to where you can mount the fan. Some have a mount made for fans on the side panel.

Standard PSU power connector is 24pin (they break it into 20+4, because you can still use it on a motherboard that is only a 20-pin connector). All newer boards all have 24-pin connectors on them.

And it depends on what case you get, as to where you can mount the fan. Some have a mount made for fans on the side panel.

On the page with the chassis, it says that it includes mounting screws, would that be for the fan?

The mounting screws are for things like your HDD and CD-ROM drives.

If the Nine Hundred 2 is anything like my Nine Hundred 1, then there is a clip-mount on the side panel that will mount a 120mm fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom