A Bit Worried ( Mouse Rendered Useless )

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDoogle

Beta member
I had just reformated my computer today, once, after realized I had a pretty intrusive Trojen.Backdoor within my computer, along with the ****** most annoying Results5.google Ad-Ware problem.

So I get everything about right, updated sound drivers, had sound, N.I.C drivers updated.. on the net, installed my anti-virus..

And than I updated my Chipset - before I was even able to click Yes - Restart now my mouse had died, I figured.. wow.. frozen already.. Restarted.. and with no way possible.. was my mouse working again. Keyboard worked fine.

So I updated Chipset / Mouse Went Dead..

Im just NOW back online , and im afraid to update my Chipset in fear of the same problem happening again.

BTW: I tried two different mice, both USB Optical Mouse. 1 HP USB OPTICAL and 1 GIGABYTE Optical Mouse w/ DPI on the fly.

Sorry, a little confused here. Are you saying that after you install the chipset drivers the mouse stops working, but a restart fixes the problem? Or that after the chipset update no mice would work?

What motherboard model do you have? Post up the link where you're downloading your chipset drivers from too.

Chipset drivers do not include or touch your mouse. Try reconnecting it, refresh drivers, use a different mouse, different port if USB.

Chipset drivers do not include or touch your mouse. Try reconnecting it, refresh drivers, use a different mouse, different port if USB.

It -might- be effected, if the USB is part of the chipset. Depends on the board I guess? I'd see if you can find a PS/2 mouse laying about and see with that. Alternatively, if you can survive with just the keyboard, see what happens if you do it with -no- mouse connected. It couldn't hurt, anyways.

I think, once upon a time and with some shady hardware, the system started to act funny after such an update. In my case, disabling legacy USB mouse support in the BIOS seemed to fix it. This was a fine tradeoff, as legacy USB mouse is not really needed. Keyboard, yes... mouse, generally not.

Chipsets do include USB Drivers. All you have to do is use the keyboard to install the proper mouse drivers after wards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom