Recent promotion

You can say **** **** **** as long as it gets filtered.

Lets pretend darn is a bad word. It you type, well golly gosh d*rn it, That is typing around the filter and is against the rules.

Really ?!?!

Well.. i want like 20 of my infractions taking away then :confused: :p

I swear it never used to be like that. I remember saying the slightest word and getting hammered every time..

You learned to spell them correctly... finally. If profanity is spelled right the filter catches it, but if it is misspelled it won't.

The thing to remember is this. If you use a word in any way that bypasses the built in simplistic swear filter, you will be nailed for an infraction. If you mis-type a word it will be nailed.

If you use a different form of the word. Like the word darn. Now we had a discussion about this in the Mod area. The fact is this. There is 2 different spellings that mean 2 different things.

Dam is the word used for a structure used to prevent water flow. Like the Hoover Dam or the type that beavers build.

Now the same word with an n at the end is the slang term. The one used for when someone is upset.

But using the first spelling in a sense that means the second will get you nailed. As that is specifically trying to bypass the swear filter. Which is what many people have gotten nailed for in the past. You meant the second meaning but spelled it like the first.

This is how we do infractions for the swear filter and why many people have been nailed. We do not allow for the bypassing in anyway. Be it l337 speak or by * out a single letter or by substituting a symbol for a letter(s). Any of which will get you an infraction.

Have updated the rules to acknowledge this. Now the rules clearly state about all such things.

The thing to remember is this. If you use a word in any way that bypasses the built in simplistic swear filter, you will be nailed for an infraction. If you mis-type a word it will be nailed.

If you use a different form of the word. Like the word darn. Now we had a discussion about this in the Mod area. The fact is this. There is 2 different spellings that mean 2 different things.

Dam is the word used for a structure used to prevent water flow. Like the Hoover Dam or the type that beavers build.

Now the same word with an n at the end is the slang term. The one used for when someone is upset.

But using the first spelling in a sense that means the second will get you nailed. As that is specifically trying to bypass the swear filter. Which is what many people have gotten nailed for in the past. You meant the second meaning but spelled it like the first.

This is how we do infractions for the swear filter and why many people have been nailed. We do not allow for the bypassing in anyway. Be it l337 speak or by * out a single letter or by substituting a symbol for a letter(s). Any of which will get you an infraction.

Have updated the rules to acknowledge this. Now the rules clearly state about all such things.

Thanks for updating the rules :) It's all clear now.

Max the filter is USA centric so we can be men and say Arse!

LOL ! Because you hear lots of men saying that :p

Oh no its back, my double posting skills.

Back
Top Bottom