New Gaming Computer V3(Final)

Status
Not open for further replies.

So1dier

Baseband Member
Alright, this is hopefully my final build. I still want critiques on all the parts, and links or suggestions on better pieces or brand names for pieces.

I will have enough money to buy this machine this Friday, so all I need to do is finish touching up this build and I'll be ready.

I believe the graphics card was measured at 11 and 1/8 inches on a tech video. I've looked at case lengths and I'm not sure where to find the actual length available for the graphics card, just the length of the case overall. I'm not sure if there is a common tech knowledge I don't know about like (case length) - (x inches) = (graphics slot length) but it would be cool if you guys can help me determine if my case will work for the XFX 5870 XXX card.

New Computer
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Processor
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

Graphics Card
XFX HD-587X-ZNDC Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) XXX Edition 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX

Memory
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

Hard Drive
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Power Supply
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power
Other Power Supply(If it comes back in stock)
Seventeam ST-750ZAF 750W ATX 12V V2.2 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Case
Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Backup Case(If the video card can't fit in the first case)
COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Below this line is just fillers, I'd like to get Razor brand mouse/keyboard and a Sennheiser headset in the future but I'm not buying them this Friday. You can leave comments on these if you'd like.
-----------------------------------------------------
Keyboard
Razer Lycosa Mirror Special Edition

Mouse
Razer Orochi

Mouse pad
Razer Sphex

Headset
Sennheiser PC 350
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concerns/Questions:
-Will my video card fit in my case? (The 5870 was measured at 11 1/8 inches in a tech youtube video).
-Is Seventeam a quality brand? I saw a list of quality PSU's and it said anything greater then 650w is quality from Seventeam and their PSU's that are less than 650w aren't.

i would deffinatly go with the corsair powersupply...

and i basically have that same exact computer... i would recommend go with intel processor, you will be much happier. but either way, i suggest you try to find each component in a bundle package, save your self some extra money.

click here and it will answer your question about the 5870 fitting in the 902
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=5870+fit+in+antec+902

Drop the 965 and get a 955. The only diference between the two is the multiplier wich you can easily increase since it's a black edition, unlocked multiplier.

These are the combos I could find, if I want to sacrifice loosing what I already chose to save money or possibly get better performance.

1st combo with case
Case combo 1
or
Case combo 2
(I loose the corsair brand name for this combo. How do you guys feel about antec?)
Original Corsair PSU

2nd combo with Processor
Processor combo, 3.2GHz instead of 3.4GHz
(I have to buy a little bit more expensive gigabyte motherboard and slower processor. The gigabyte motherboard also has a little bit slower North bridge and South bridge.)
Original motherboard and Processor

2nd combo with Video Card
Video Card combo 1
or
Video Card combo 2
or
Video Card combo 3
(I loose XFX 5870 XXX edition card for an HIS brand card which I heard bad things about, but I could get a good deal on a monitor.)
Original Video Card

These are the combos I could find, a lot of people are suggesting to just get the 3.2GHz processor to save money, and I figure I will cause I can always change the multiplier later. I'm not sure if these combos are worth it, so I'll let you guys comment on them.

Ok, all I need is a monitor and my build is set.
What do you think of This?

I would like quality picture, quick response time, everything that is good for gaming, and a monitor that just works like it is supposed to, no bleeding around the edges, or dead pixels. So I figure if I'm going to invest money into a nice computer I should spend enough money to get a good monitor too.

you want to spend more on a monitor then you do on your computer?

No, I was just asking what you think of that monitor, I don't get why it's so expensive. Low screen size, low res, 35 ms response time, and the monitor is longer vertically then horizontally... is the price a typo?

i dont know, but if anyone actually buy that for that price, they are a moron...

go with a samsung monitor, you cant go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom