Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - BSOD (with error code)

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Slaymate
Lord Techie

Default Re: BSOD (with error code)

If your mobo has on board Lan, that your not using, then you should disable it in the Bios. It should be located in the Integrated Peripherals heading. If you disable the setting and the problem still persists then you can try disabling all the on board devices one at a time until you narrow it down.

A lot of times this type of problem will occur because Windows Update will automatically update a Device Driver that just doesn't play nice with the hardware configuration. And if multiple updates are installed you may not even realize it happened. You can adjust the Update Settings to disable updating Device Drivers automatically. I always try out the newest Drivers but because I manually select them I'm aware of the change and if a problem rises I know right where to go. You can also go to Windows Update and view your Update History and see if any drivers were updated when the problem 1st started occurring.

If you see a suspect driver that was installed you can go to device manager> right click on the device and select properties> select the Drivers Tab > If a Driver has been updated you should see an option to "Roll Back Driver".

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.