need help with a Gaming PC !

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeaksaw

Beta member
hey all , I joined this forums long time ago but this is my first thread sorry for late but I just got the money for my new PC .. xD
I want to buy a new PC specially for Games and i want some help around with CPU , MotherBoreds , Video cards , Cases and Cooling system .
I hope u can help be by let me know what is the best of gaming PC's and give me more details about it :D
ah and only have 1430 USD to spend just on the case so don't worry about the monitor ;)
and here is some of the games I usually play and i want to play :
- WOW (World of Warcraft)
-StarCraft 2
-HoN (Heroes of Newerth)
-NFS (Need for Speed ) latest
-Gears of War
-Call of Duty
-Diablo 3 (when its come out )

and much more but these are the most important to me atm :p

thanx for helping :D

)~jeaksaw~(

well since no one helped, ill give it a go, this is my first time building a computer parts list, so dont go with it untill someone says its good... but this is a pretty beastly setup

Case and psu combo: $190 -$25 mail in rebate
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

CPU and Mobo combo: $385 -$10 mail in rebate
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

GPU and RAM combo: $560 -$10 mail in rebate

Windows 7: $100
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - Operating Systems

DVD burner:$25
Newegg.com - Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD/CD Rewritable Drive - CD / DVD Burners

CPU cooler: $70
Newegg.com - Noctua NH-U12P SE2 120mm SSO CPU Cooler

Total: $1330 ( NOT including mail in rebate, because, common who ever does that )

I would buy a ATI 5870 and with the money saved I would buy a i7 920, same price as i7 860, and a mobo for it... You may add a second one later on.

thanx guys for helping !
but is that would be a good gaming machine ?? i mean i was thinking about i5 CPU have more cache memory and same buss speed as i7 i think and for the cooling i think i need that coz I'm living in a really hot area and a lot of PC i have owned had a problem with the heat thing !!

I've been spending a lot of time recently learning about gaming computers and I'm almost finished with my final build, look for the post New Gaming Computer V3. This will be my final if not very close to final build, and what I'm going to buy in a few days. The system will cost about $1,200 without the monitor, and will be able to run all the games you want to run perfectly.(I'm building it for the exact same games)

The few pieces that I'm still unsure of and getting advice on is my motherboard, power supply, and case). You will want to make sure the video card fits in the case.

What is your budget. We can build a system to any budget, so just asking for a gaming build is kinda open ended.

For a gaming build, I'd run the i5/ATI build, but do need a budget and country/store were you are.

What is your budget. We can build a system to any budget, so just asking for a gaming build is kinda open ended.

For a gaming build, I'd run the i5/ATI build, but do need a budget and country/store were you are.

I believe if you actually read his post it would say he has a $1,430 budget for the computer, not including the monitor. USD which is United States dollar.

I believe if you actually read his post it would say he has a $1,430 budget for the computer, not including the monitor. USD which is United States dollar.

Yup, totally missed it that one line. It was the way he put it in between "heres the game list" and the list of games. Eyes sorta jumped over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom