pencil in excel

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm not denying Excel has drawing capabilities (never really understood why, though) but I'm just floored that he couldn't find the line, curve, and scribble tools, which have replaced the pencil.

derrmc said:
This is 100% a joke-guananteed

ROFL no its not. I use ot be able to click on the pencil tool and draw my own borders for the cells.

Now i can't find it. How do i draw my own borders around the cell without goign to the format window.

you are thinking of word my friend. in excel the cells are already there. in word is where the little pencil is where you creat a table and draw the cells with the little pencil and eraser.

jak

jaksback said:
you are thinking of word my friend. in excel the cells are already there. in word is where the little pencil is where you creat a table and draw the cells with the little pencil and eraser.

jak

no no no no....

IF you type up an Excel report adn print it out, you dont see teh cell borders. You only see the light grey borders on your comp screen. However, if you go to format cell, you can select to hilight those grey borders and make them black. THen when you print out the report, you see teh borders.

THe pencil tool made it easier in that I dont have to go to the format cell window every time i want to add borders. Also the pencil tool allows me to make more complicated tables.

soundgarden said:
Now i can't find it. How do i draw my own borders around the cell without goign to the format window.

you don't have to go to format cells to add borders around your cells, use the following shortcut in your toolbar. I still say there are no pencils in excel:
Clipboard02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom