Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Computer gets stuck after CMOS clear

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 07:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
-RockMan-
Banned

Default Re: Computer gets stuck after CMOS clear

I don't know if your using windows xp or vista but it could be this:

When you try to start Windows XP, the computer may appear to stop responding (hang) with an empty, black screen immediately after the power-on self test (POST) is complete and before the Windows XP logo typically appears on the screen.
Back to the top
CAUSEThis issue may occur if one of the following conditions is true: Cause 1This iss...This issue may occur if one of the following conditions is true:
Cause 1
This issue may occur if you have a CD, a DVD or a floppy disk in your CD, DVD, or floppy drive when you start the computer.
Cause 2
This issue occurs if one or more of the following elements are corrupted and will not load during the boot sequence of the computer:
Master boot record
Partition tables
Boot sector
NTLDR file
Back to the top

Also I know you don't want to hear this right about now, but maybe it's time give up on that pc.
If it's cause that many problems like you stated, then I would move on to building a new pc.
Heck, if your HDD, CD-DVD drive and maybe your case is usable if ATX standard for building pc's then maybe you need to build a new pc.

If your budget for a new pc can be under 600.00 I'm sure we could give you a list for a MUCH better pc.
Even though I just installed a new mobo last week, and it finally stopped giving me a **** upon start up it's great pc under 490.00.

If your looking for something to hold you over until the beginning november go ahead and look into a LGA 775 socket build.
It will only require atleast 250.00 depending on your needs, even the celeron dual core 3300 is something that will last, take it from a guy who like's LGA celeron's as they have never given me problems.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.