Not open for further replies.

wootwoot

In Runtime
Acer Aspire 5536
AMD Athlon X2 dual-core QL-64 2.1 GH
4 GB ram
HD3200
220 GB HD

I've heard that Windows 7 is an overall more efficient and less irritating Windows OS than Vista so I want an upgrade. I downloaded and used Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. I don't think I'll have much trouble installing and reinstalling some of the key components, but it says that my audio system may not be compatible (Realtek HD Audio), as well as my built-in webcam. It also asks that I reinstall ATI Catalyst Control Center after upgrade, and although I can find a download for it, I'm not sure if it will adhere to my current built-in GPU. Are there any other things I should remember to back up other than pics, vids, games, and the like?

Also, I've NEVER formatted a computer before ><. I'll need some help on that as well...

95% of Vista programs and drivers are compatible with 7. You should not have to reformat. You can just use the DVD within Vista to upgrade. This way, you won't lose any data.

The said drivers are easy to get. I Run 7 on my netbook that came with XP. Everything worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom