Graphics problem, screen goes black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onkle

Beta member
Hi, I didn't really know where to put this but it seemed to fit more here then in the gaming forums so I guess I'll take a shot here.
So this is the problem, when I play any game on my computer (exept world of warcraft) the sceen goes black after a few minutes and makes the game unplayable for about 2 minutes then you can play for 5 minutes then the same thing again. It's really bothersome and it seems to happen more often in Mass Effect then let's say CoD MW2.
I'm using a Nvidia GeForce GTX 275 and got Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
Got the newest drivers for the graphics card too.
Please help, I really want to play ME. :/

I'm not really that good hardware wise, but I think the tempratures should be fine. But just to be on the safer part, any easy way to check it?

EVGA Precision. Gave the link in my previous post. There's an option in the settings of it to show an on-screen-display of your GPU temp under the Monitoring tab. And if temps are indeed too high, then you can raise the fan speed with Precision as well.

It started with 68 then it went up tp 69 after about 4 minutes, then after a while shifting meanwhile 69-70 then I got the black screen thingie. It was still at 70 after the blackscreen. Should I increase the fan speed?

70 isn't that high for a graphics card, but you can try increasing the fan speed. Have you tried reinstalling the drivers? Are you getting a BSOD or just a black screen that kicks you back to the desktop?

Re installed the drivers 3 times, last time I deleted the old drivers. I think I'm getting to the desktop, sometimes I see the desktop with a error message from nvidia, not that sure what it says it dissapears fast. Something about display error and i think it also says that it's fixed later.

EDIT: The sound also keeps playing during the black screen (Voices keep on going etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom