laptop will not load OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbaby

Beta member
i have a laptop, it has been running slow, problems loading new applications ( i was running vista) i decided to install W7. while installing laptop began running extremly hot, the install never finished the pc shut down.... so i tried to install again.. pc kept shuting down... i done this numberous times.. took the hard drive out and installed OS on it on different laptop susessfuly... then put it back in first pc... .. it starts to load but then blue screan flashes really fast then restarts pc..... now at screan where it tells me to repair or start windows normaly... so i repair ... not sussesful .... no solution... CAN ANYONE ASSIST ME WITH THIS ISSUE... DO I HAVE A HARDWARE ISSUE THATS NOT ALLOWING IT TO LOAD.. HELP PLEASE!! THANKS

It's BSOD'ing because you installed it using another computer. It made a hardware profile for that particular laptop. You'll need to install it on the original laptop.

if it's an issue of heat, prop the laptop up so that the fans get ample circulation. Get a laptop cooling pad if you must, or even prop it up on a book and not cover the fan ports.

hey man thanks i million... the propping did not work but i did compromise with an ice pack 2 sandwich bangs and a T-shirt..lol... and it installed... do u have any idea why it over heats in a matter of min.

Try blowing the dust out of the fan vents; maybe there's a lot of dust blocking airflow.

Try blowing the dust out of the fan vents; maybe there's a lot of dust blocking airflow.
Isn't it recommended you try and remove dust monthly? I'd open it up and use a hoover or hairdryer to blow out as much dust as possible. Also check that the fan actually works.

It's better to use canned air; vacuums can build a static charge if not used properly, and a hairdryer could get hot and doesn't blow a concentrated amount of air as well. And you should remove dust whenever, because it depends on your environment. Some environments are more dusty than others, so dust will build up faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom