Processor support in win98

Status
Not open for further replies.

real_in

In Runtime
A big hello to all the Geeks out there... Actually i have a system at office whose processor is P III and when i used to work for hours on it, like after 1-2 hours it used to get totally blank and then i have to cool it for say 15 mins then it used to start up.. and when i saw it's device manager.. i saw this

The processor support had an exlamation sign and when i clicked on properties it says

"The NTKERN.VXD device loader(s) for this device could not load the device driver. (Code 2.) I tried to update the driver, but it didn't work. I'm told the win98 CD doesn't have the NTKERN.VXD on it. What should I do to fix this. thanks.

i have given a path of c:\windows\system\drivers and also
c:\windows\system32.. but nothing works.. see if you can help or you gotta help me :D

Regards..
sachin!:)

that is good link, should explain thing fairly well, but do u have dual O/S on ur system sachin?

ab india mein windows 15-20 Rs ki mil hi jayee ge, tell ur office people to upgrade it to XP.

hahahahaha... :D

You are pretty known to india, are you an indian..?? you must not say 15-20rs. it is almost 50rs.. :D

It is not a dual boot system, but i guess a accounts package was loaded and that was dos based... so it had some Paths in the autoexec.bat, that could have dislocated the c:\windows path, as explained in the microsoft's article, well i am jus about to leave for the office and would try and post here the results..;)

reagrds..:)

well the solution din work at all.. i have tried to simply delete the autoexec.bat but din work.. now what do i do,...

i deleted autoexec and made a new in which i gave path which was mentioned in microsoft's site.. but din work, i deleted autoexec also but din work.. now what to do guys!!!!

regards..:)

How can I update it's BIOS? I mean do i need to put some files, or rather i should upgrade it's operating system.. Like would it be cured or rectified if i upgrade to ME, cause The concerned ppl. are not preffering XP.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom