New Motherboard sound installation issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
I am having a problem with my mobo's new onboard sound card MSI 770-C45.
Everytime I install almost any version of realtek hd audio it will BSOD me.
On the mobo manual it says it's a realtek acxxx.
I tried to find drivers for it but could not do so, even the drivers on the cd refuse to install because it could not a copy a specific file from it.

I am almost at a ends lost here, because the stupid thing refuses any driver I install on it.
Also MSI included Sound blaster Audigy drivers on the CD I don't know what it is doing there but it's not working.
If somebody had a similiar problem to mine please help me out.

Look on the board, and look for a realtek chip. Should be near the PCI slots. Get the model number.

Go here for drivers: Realtek
I got better drivers from them than the normal realtek.com

Looking at your sig it says your using Realtek HD Audio 2.90 beta. I've never heard of that driver as the newest driver I know of is the 2.49 that you can download here.
Realtek HD Audio 2.49 Driver download from Guru3D.com

I also looked at the MSI site and there was an older bios that updated the audio table (whatever that means), it was bios 1.2. Any newer bios should contain that update already but if your new mobo was on the shelf for any period of time it may not be updated.

Edit: The link MoM supplied is to Realtek's website in Taiwan, it's slower than slow. The Link I supplied is a High-Speed Download :thumbsup:

I finally got the sound issue fixed, my dvd-burner, copied the original installation files correctly and installed fine.

So as it stands my pc should finally shut up and quite BSOD for awhile.

1.OC'd cpu problem fixed by adjusting speed to 2.7ghz.
2.Readjusted memory stick position.
3.Reinstalled windows 7 pro for the last time.
4.Gave the video card the right drivers.

So after all this it should not BSOD me again not unless it hates that easy capture usb tv tuner.
If it crashes one more time, I just may end up shooting it, with my neighbors rifle, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom