ThinkPad R61e Driver Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriaLnError313

Beta member
I just clean installed my Lenovo ThinkPad R61e with Windows xp I had Ubuntu 10.04 before that and I don't have any backups of device drivers or anything. I downloaded several drivers off the internet on my desktop put them on my external hard drive and connected it to my thinkpad. The drivers show up on my desktop, but on my thinkpad the external hard drive is empty. In the Folder Options I have everything set to show. The main thing that I am trying to resolve is the drivers on my thinkpad. Any and all help is appreciated

Thanks!!

Try burning them to disk. Try another drive if available like a thumb drive.

Do you have the original driver disk that came with the computer?

All you really need it to get the network card installed. You can download the rest of the drivers from the computer in question.

I tried a flash drive and when I go to open the flash drive on my laptop it says "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folder options control panel." This is from me just double clicking it from My Computer. Also, in Device Manager I don't have a Network Adapter section listed, however, it does have a built in wireless adapter. I have the drivers, but my computer won't let me transfer them over to my ThinkPad. I have tried flash drive, external hard drive, and floppy discs non of which worked. How would I burn the drivers onto a cd? I only have software for music and IMGBURN.

Burn the driver install files to the disc with ImgBurn. It has a "Write files/folders" option on the main screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom