Joxzee

Beta member
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 890GX
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz 9MB Cache Socket AM3
RAM: Crucial 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3
GFX: ASUS HD 5770 Cu Core 1GB GDDR5 - RDIT: Thanks Zedman for Suggestion
HDD: Western Digital 500GB SATA Hard Drive
PSU: Suggestions?
CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Possibly?

With the above links it's obvious that i'm sort of on a budget but i'm willing to spend for quality.

Would like advice / thoughts on the items i'm looking at above, and maybe input on CPU cooling?

Be gentle, this is my first research project into this sort of thing.

Cheers guys ,:cute:

Ditto zedman's concerns about your current PSU. The 5670 requires a 400W PSU while the 5770 requires a 450W.

Seems fine to me. I would definitely invest more in the video card though.

ASUS HD 5770 Cu Core 1GB GDDR5 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E.. | Ebuyer.com

Extra 40 pounds but there is a massive difference. Its the difference between about 25 fps (5670) and 45+ (5770).
Source: AMD's Radeon HD 5670: Sub-$100 DirectX 11 Starts Today - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News
...but with that being said what PSU do you have? Dont use an old dodgy one. If you could tell us the model maybe we could see if it would do.
Hey man, thanks for taking the time to give me your thoughts. Fully agree with the graphics card suggestion, and I can justify the extra cost so will prioritise that.

My current PSU 400W so I would need to get a greater one. Compucase Z-Power 550W PSU is only £21, but are there specific reputable brands that should be considered for gaming systems?

Another point I left out of my OP, would a CPU Cooler such as Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro be sufficient? Strong reviews and fits AM3.

Apologies for my lack of knowledge in this department that is no doubt regarded as basic to most people here, but i'm sort of on a journey of self-teaching and adventure!

Cheers guys,

Joxzee.

Hey Muffin thanks for the input man,

I wasn't sure if the stock cooler would be sufficient you see, but glad it is, can put the money saved there onto a "non piece of crap" PSU!

Do appreciate the help folks,

Joxzee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom