290 mm max for video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

lafguy81

In Runtime
I just bought a new case a Lian Li 8nwx has two 120 mm fans. It says maximum card size is 290 mm? The motherboard I will be using is a Gigabyte EP45T with USB3.0. I assume the 480 and 5970 are out what is the newest card I could put in this case.

A 5870 would fit, I believe those are around 270mm, not totally sure though.

If you were comfortable with it, you could modify the case, and easily fit a 5970 in there.

The EVGA GTX 480 is 10.5" or about 270mm. I think the ATI 5970 would be the only card to really be an issue.

Would two 120 mm fans handle a 480 ok ie heat issue?

I'm looking at corsair 850 hx or 1000 hx powersupply are they good?

BTW I'm using two hotswap devices for boot and storgae drives in front bay's no internal hard drives so I could remove drive cage if I need too.

Heat issues would depend upon your case and it's cable management as well as the temperature of the room it's in. I'm sure a couple of extra fans will help, but by how much is impossible to estimate.

And Corsair makes excellent power supplies.

Heat issues would depend upon your case and it's cable management as well as the temperature of the room it's in. I'm sure a couple of extra fans will help, but by how much is impossible to estimate.

And Corsair makes excellent power supplies.

The computer is in the basement which is cooler. It would be on 3-4 hours max.

Ok lets build me the min/maximum possible rig for setup

Case: Lian Li 8nwx
specs: 19.30" x 8.26" x 18.50" (L W HT)
two 120 mm fans (front and Back)
maxium card length: 290mm
FrozenCPU soundproof foam psu silencer and two noiseblocker fans

OK let's build me my machine keep in mind heat issue.

Powersupply:
Motherboard: 1156 or 1366
CPU: I3 I5 I7
Ram:
Video Card:
Soundcard:

The rest is set

Would fan controller be a good idea if so which one?

Thanks

when you say max as possible... please define "max"

$1,500?

What is the newest parts I could put in this case that won't cause it to fry or not fit in this case. What newer powersupply in 850-1000 watt range would be good for this case and not cause excess clutter because of so many connectors that majorly blocks airflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom