TF's first 200K+ day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, really peeves me off....who are they to tell me when to use my electricity. They are really starting to take this too far.

sup yall...my tour is almost over cant wait to get back to the states!!

And im comin back to fold hard hopefully....might upgrade the rig a bit with fermi.

Ill be back august....might be busy taking care of things that ive had to hold off on but i will make time to get on here and start posting and helping out again.

Well, I guess I am the one who will have to bring the bread and meat home, huh ?
Rather than make a dumb topic, I'll ask this simple question now.
Since my new mobo is stable and the cpu cores all 4 of them seem stable will I need update F@H cpu client and tell it I'm using a new quadcore ?
Reason why I ask, because it is doing the work just abit slower and refused to jump start when I booted into windows 7 and had to fix up some real problems with new hardware.

If anyone is wondering my athlon ii x3 435 is now a Phenom II X4 B35 deneb!
It's not as tough as the 940's or even 950's but it is quite quick especially if I overclock it to 3.7ghz, but windows doesn't like it and I'll have to wait until august to pick up another stick of ram.

Sorry about my offtopic just letting the team know what the heck is going on with me and system.

You may need to let it know to use four cores instead of three, but it might already have picked up on it. Run through configuration and double-check.

You can fold with both the GPU and SMP (or CPU) clients at the same time, just make sure you're using the SMP client (not the CPU client) if you have a multi-core CPU. With the SMP client you can add "-smp #" when running from console to tell it how many cores to use, I use -smp 7 on my Core i7 (hyperthreading makes 8 cores) and it works well. You may have to use -smp 4 on yours for an X4.

I'll also be folding for the forseeable future (all summer + all year at college where power is essentially free).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom