BSOD (with error code)

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I keep randomly getting the blue screen of death while doing anything from playing a game to browsing the internet. I tried to write down all I could from the error, this is what I think it was 0x0000000000000003 0xffff f900c297c840 0xfffff900c2957840

let me know if you guys can think of what it could be, thanks guys.

That's a lot of zero's but I'm thinking that's the error code I get with the newer versions of the Realtek Network Adapter Drivers and the newer Nvidia Drivers. Try rolling back to a older Realtek Network Driver.

wait so its a motherboard network driver causing it you think? I'm using a wireless card, not ethernet cable btw.

Well, I'm going on a hunch and probably a risk, but could it have something to do with your registry ? In your sig it doesn't show what OS you are running, what are you using ?
Also take a look at this even it refers to XP it can still relate to newer windows os especially windows 7.
Windows XP Blue Screen of Death STOP Codes

Your using a wireless card but did you disable the built-in network adapter? What brand of wireless adapter is it? The last time I got that error code it was a conflict between my network and video but that doesn't mean your conflict will be the same as mine. It could be a conflict with another component in your case. I would try disabling one component at a time to see if a conflict does exist as I could be wrong, it won't be the 1st time. Good Luck.

its a linksys wrt54g card, what do I need to disable on my mobo in bios? Also, its hard because this will only happen about once every 5 days, so its hard to tell what really causes it... gahhhhh

If your mobo has on board Lan, that your not using, then you should disable it in the Bios. It should be located in the Integrated Peripherals heading. If you disable the setting and the problem still persists then you can try disabling all the on board devices one at a time until you narrow it down.

A lot of times this type of problem will occur because Windows Update will automatically update a Device Driver that just doesn't play nice with the hardware configuration. And if multiple updates are installed you may not even realize it happened. You can adjust the Update Settings to disable updating Device Drivers automatically. I always try out the newest Drivers but because I manually select them I'm aware of the change and if a problem rises I know right where to go. You can also go to Windows Update and view your Update History and see if any drivers were updated when the problem 1st started occurring.

If you see a suspect driver that was installed you can go to device manager> right click on the device and select properties> select the Drivers Tab > If a Driver has been updated you should see an option to "Roll Back Driver".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom