Hard drive runs slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

picc0lo

Solid State Member
I have a 160gb maxtor 6Y160P0. I have a 30gb disk too, but that disk isn't the problem. The problem is thet my 160gb disk runs very slow. When I copy files it takes forever and even when i want to play music that is on that disk it plays strange.
Need help.

picc0lo have you received any error messages relating to the hard disk including any instances where the operating system stops responding? By strange do you mean the music stutters or distorts?

Nope. No error messeges. And yes the music stutters.
I have a AMD XP1800+ processor, 512MB RAM.

When was the last time you did a format? A defrag? Checked for virus's and thoroughly cleaned your system of spyware? All those things dramatically slow your computer down. If its been a really long time since you formatted that should speed it back up.

My motherbord is an ASUS A7 A266. I formated the disk two days ago. My antivirus is running and no viruses are detected.

You formatted 2 days ago and it's still running slow? Although slow is subjective depending on who it is, so it's hard to tell exactly 'how slow' you really mean. Hmmm how long have you had the drive? Could just be getting old and past it's prime. Very common

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom