Building First PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided that im not going to OC just yet. Going to just use stock heatsink and leave it be until the pc is up and running fine. Once Im good and playing will buy new heatsink and OC it. Thanks a ton for the 2 combo deals. Also should i buy the thermal compound? or will the stock one on the heatsink be fine?

what case did you decide on? if you get a case that allows you to get to the back of the CPU area on the mother board it will be much easier to replace the CPU cooler. other wise, if the case doesnt have a window you will have to disassemble the computer and take the mother board out of the case to put a new cpu cooler on.

Decided to go with the Haf X you suggested. If it would be easier i could just buy the heatsink and it would be ready when i was rdy to OC it :/

Once Im good and playing will buy new heatsink and OC it. Also should i buy the thermal compound? or will the stock one on the heatsink be fine?

The stock heatsink will have paste pre-applied. But if you have to remove it (the heat sink) for any reason new paste may be needed. The Tuniq TX-2 is only $5.

If it would be easier i could just buy the heatsink and it would be ready when i was rdy to OC it :/

If you want a good heatsink I have a few for sale in the Buy/Sell Section of the Forum.

Well if no other suggestions i'll let you know when i buy the parts. Thanks for everything. If any further deals or suggestions come up let me know!

The HAF X has a window to get to the back of the mother board, which will make changeing CPU coolers a breeze. so youre alright there. ;)

BTW how hard would it be to add LED's to the inside of the case? and anyone know a good brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom