ATI HD3650 Not Recognised by Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodiark

Beta member
Hi Guys and Girls,

I'll try my current problem here as well.

I have recently bought an ATI Radeon HD 3650 for my PC. I took out the exisiting graphics out ( Radeon 7000) and powered on. My monitor (LED is orange when not in use/ no signal etc) stays that way. Black screen, nothing.

So i tried the same thing, but hooking up my monitor to my onboard graphics. It boots up fine etc. Except for the fact that when XP loads, it doesnt recognise that the new hardware is even present.

The card is AGP and is the same make as my old one and fits in fine, no problems there so my question is this- Why is windows not even recognising that the graphics card is there?

Any help would be really appreciated

Many Thanks

make sure you have all the correct power connections connected to the card and that your power supply can handle to load. The reason why xp wont see the graphix card when connected through integrated is because bios automatically disables any agp.

1. take out graphics card
2. restart pc and in bios during post ( del usually )
3. make sure you select the agp setting or disable onboard , save and turn off.
4. put graphics card in reboot and it should turn on.
5. uninstall prev drivers even if same driver is used, restart and download/install driver through amd.
6. restart and your good to go!

edit: http://www.amd.com/us/products/desk.../Pages/ati-radeon-hd-3600-specifications.aspx

that graphics card isn't agp its pcie which means it will 0% work with agp port. will need a agp card or a new mb.

Put in your old card card, uninstall drivers, get Driver Sweeper and run it. Turn off computer, put your new card in, and startup.

make sure you have all the correct power connections connected to the card and that your power supply can handle to load. The reason why xp wont see the graphix card when connected through integrated is because bios automatically disables any agp.

1. take out graphics card
2. restart pc and in bios during post ( del usually )
3. make sure you select the agp setting or disable onboard , save and turn off.
4. put graphics card in reboot and it should turn on.
5. uninstall prev drivers even if same driver is used, restart and download/install driver through amd.
6. restart and your good to go!

edit: ATI Radeon? HD 3600 Series GPU Specifications

that graphics card isn't agp its pcie which means it will 0% work with agp port. will need a agp card or a new mb.

Its an AGP card mate, they made both PCIE and AGP types. This is the AGP one. It fits into the AGP slot for one and has 'AGP' plastered all over it.

Other than that bit of wrong info, I'll give this a go thankyou :)

Its an AGP card mate, they made both PCIE and AGP types. This is the AGP one. It fits into the AGP slot for one and has 'AGP' plastered all over it.

Other than that bit of wrong info, I'll give this a go thankyou :)

I had a look in my bios and from what i can see there is no option to turn the graphics port off?

Anyone have any idea what it may come under?

Have you hooked up the external power to it? (Molex 4pin (optical drives) or mini 4pin (floppy)) What motherboard do you have? To turn off onboard graphics on my computer, I have to go to Advanced --> onboard devices configuration --> and set it to look for "GFX0" first, this will be different on a lot of boards though, which is why I as which board you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom