PNY 9800GT issues, overclocked???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stahlhelm

Beta member
Hello,

My PNY 9800GT (which im assuming is the problem) is glitching out and causing freeze and reboot and windows welcome screen and occasionally a Blue screen appears, with an automatic reboot. When I start Windows normally, it will get to the welcome screen or on occasion further, but all the colors are whacked out with lines (pixelated) streaking across the screen.

My computer was working perfectly fine today when this happened. I started TF2 the first program I ran today and attempted to enter a server when this happened.

I don't know whether its the graphics card overheating or what. I dusted out the GFX card and the computer and reinstalled new driver, but no luck. I then uninstalled the driver/gfx and it works fine, then reinstalled the GFX again and same problem. Safe mode works perfectly though, probably as it doesn't use the GFX card.

PNY Nvidia 9800GT
Gateway LX6200

Bios Voltage:
+1.1v : 1.104
+3.3v : 3.308
+5.00v: 5.056
+12v : 11.968
5USB : 5.059
VBAT : 3.344

Heres a picture of what I'm talking about. Sometimes it will be different colors.

imag0211x.jpg

No luck. It actually went to desktop but everything was all liney still and messed up and it quickly went to BSOD and shutdown.

I haven't tried another port, but I did a monitor but the same result. So it's definitely not the monitor.

Funny thing is that I'm running it in safe mode just fine through the graphics card. When I disable my Display Adapter and uninstall drivers it will run through it in normal mode too.

I believe it could be the automatic installation of the drivers by Windows. Because, whenever I delete the drivers and reboot it will find the drivers for itself and Im pretty sure its giving it faulty drivers. I'll see what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom