Noctua NH-D14

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of issues are you having?

I find it hard to believe that with your amount of airflow the simple change of a heatsink could affect your system like that

Random lockups, failing LinX with lower temps and identical voltage settings that were passing with higher temps. Restarting LinX and suddenly passing after just failing. Really weird and random crap.

The NH-D14 is so big it just blocks most of the airflow to the components below it.

When you used the Delta fans, did you see an improvement in temps? I have thought about buying some higher rpm fans like the Delta's for my NH-D14 but if you did not see much of an improvement, then I probably will not.

No the Delta's don't supply a good airflow to the center heatpipes plus their extremely loud.

That's another problem with the NH-D14, even a regular fan has a dead zone in the middle so the heatpipes located in the middle sections of the fins don't get cooled as well as the outer heatpipes. They should move the inner heatpipes outward about 1/2" to an inch.

But all is good again as my trusty TRUE Copper is back in action :thumbsup:

It seems that you'll keep that achievement until the weather cools off. if it wasn't for bikini's I would hate summer :D

Edit:

I've installed the NH-D14 in my office workstation. Expect some more pictures and such tomorrow :thumbsup:

I installed the NH-D14 in my Office PC and it's a much better fit. The old style Cooler Master Stacker case looks almost like it was build for the Noctua NH-D14. Here's a few pictures :thumbsup:

office1b.jpg

office2oe.jpg

The last time I ran LinX on my office PC was to compare the Standard TRUE to the VenomousX. Keep it in mind that it was cooler by 2 or 3 degrees and I only had 6GB of ram in the PC back then.

Here are the old TRUE results.

truel.jpg

And here are the NH-D14 results. I was really surprised at how long it takes to run LinX with 12 GB of ram. I set LinX to run for 20 minutes and it only completed 1 run before time ran out. So I immediately set it to run for 50 minutes and then stopped it after LinX completed 3 more passes. So I tested it pretty hard and the only complaint I have is with my Vreg temperatures which are not getting good ventilation with this massive heatsink. I'll have to figure out a way to mount another fan.

20 minutes of LinX

officelinx1.jpg

and 38 more minutes of LinX

officelinx2.jpg

its kinda difficult to impress me, and in virtually every one of your threads you impress me. you go above and beyond and put that extra effort in, no matter how long it takes.

you are the kind of person who will splice wires together by soldering them first then put color matching heat shrink on. where as other people would either crimp them together or twist together and wrap in electricians tape.

i mean who else can get a 40°C idle temp on a i7 OCed to 4ghz, on air!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom