Serious Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wroop

Solid State Member
I made a post about computer shutting down at WoW before, and this is quite around that area.

The computer shuts down randomly, it freezes and plays randomic short sounds (from ex. the music i played) and the screen freezes. The first time this happen it freaked me out, tho it was burn down. Well anyway, It happen earlier today when I chat on skype and I decided to do something about it. The thing is, I havent found any error in the system, neither i've found someone with the exact problem.
I dont know what it can be. Since the computer crash, it doesnt "remember" any error.

Since its almost about the same as the problem I had before;
link: http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/computer-freeze-when-starting-wow-230023/
it gotta be something with the registry or something. :dead:

I seriously need help from some professionals. Please ask me what to do and I handle some info.

Thanks

My computer very old computer did this for a while, its something to do with your graphics card for sure (linked with PSU), what size is your PSU, I think mine was caused by a combination of overheating an an under performing, aging PSU.

One thing that will help quite a bit though (provided it is what I think it is) is clean out the PSU as well as the motherboard and gfx card, and fans with compressed air, and I guarantee it will help your problem quite a bit. (And even if I am wrong, its worth checking out and doing as it is easy to do, will extend the life and performance of your system, as well as reduce heat, not to mention it is practically free...)

If cleaning it out does not work, post you PSU, while I sort of doubt it, it could be the graphics card not getting enough power. (Usually that just leads to decreased performance, but it CAN lead to crashes... (As was my case))

PS: It only happened to me when I was playing Battlefield 2 on my older computer.

The random sounds he was talking about are hangups from the freeze (At least that is my interpretation of how he describes it, It is like when a record is skipping, but instead of static, it plays a very, very muttled repeated clip of like the last second of audio played) Or, is that not the type you are talking about, and I am way out of the ballpark?

Or, do you mean it selects part of a sound clip at random (not at all related to the event) and plays it?

The random sounds he was talking about are hangups from the freeze (At least that is my interpretation of how he describes it, It is like when a record is skipping, but instead of static, it plays a very, very muttled repeated clip of like the last second of audio played) Or, is that not the type you are talking about, and I am way out of the ballpark?

Or, do you mean it selects part of a sound clip at random (not at all related to the event) and plays it?

Thats correct.

Correct on the first one I am going to assume, correct me if I am wrong lol.

Like I said, the easy, cheap, and quick thing to try at this point is just get as much dust out as possible.

Dust --> Heat --> decreased performance -->(eventually) crashes

Worst case scenario, you have a clean but still equally broken computer but you are not out any money yet like if you were to start by just replacing the Graphics card lol.

The random sounds could indicate a problem with the Audio/Sound Driver, try updating it.

Yeah I remember, earlier years, the computer freezed with the exact same effect when playing Trackmania, listen now .. Only with sound on.

Trackmania(Computer) did not freeze when the sound was off.

Im testing downloading the Drivers now.

For Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom