ASUS X58L Blue screen!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
I just bought this from a guy who said its only 6 months old.

He did a recovery on it i think to put it back to windows vista, from windows 7

I got it home after it doing 67 updates on the way home

i installed mIRC, avast, MSN, Firefox

Was working fine for awhile and then started crashing, and going to a blue error screen, i dont have the error message as it goes of the screen to fast

Does anyone know what is causeing this? is it one of the programs i installed on the laptop

ASUS X58L AP004E is the model

Any info or help is appreciated.

*EDIT*

Ive just done a recovery with the disk he gave me, and it seems to be working again but im not sure for how long

Can vista work with Mirc FF msn and Avast?

If it happens again you can set it up so you computer does not restart upon error.

1. Click on Start and then Control Panel.

2. Click on the System and Maintenance link.

3. Click on the System link.

4. In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced system settings link.

5. Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.

6. In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.

7. Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.

8. Click OK in the System Properties window.

9. You can now close the System window.

10. From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, the PC will not automatically reboot. Rebooting manually will be necessary.

Automatic Restart Vista - How To Disable the Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows Vista

Then you can post the stop error.

If it happens again you can set it up so you computer does not restart upon error.

Automatic Restart Vista - How To Disable the Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows Vista

Then you can post the stop error.

Thanks hefe. its stoped doing it now i did a recovery. i dont know what caused it but i just got fed up and did what i did, just one thing. will WoW run on this notebook? if not then dont worry

Thanks, and i changed the settings

Here are my notebook specs

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Basic (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU 575 @ 2.00GHz, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 1014MB RAM
Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

Im guessing this is to crap to run any game, right? lol

I've seen worse... I wouldn't expect much out of it, but do keep an eye on your temps.

Yah what temp thingys can i use to monitor on this notebook?

Can anyone tell me if this is a dualcore notebook, because it isnt showing on the system, and im supose to have 2gb ram, and i only have 1gb, anyone know where i can get another 1gb from? and a better CPU

I use HWMonitor (free) and Everest (paid)

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

It is a C2D Dual Core T4200
If it came with 2GB of RAM, 1Gb is used up by the GPU, as it does not have its own RAM. Plus other processes.

In a laptop, memory is easy, but there are a max of 2 slots, you will have to get a higher memory card thaan 1GB.

CPUs for laptops are another factor. Yes, you can upgrade them, but you will get next to none extra performance out of it.

I use HWMonitor (free) and Everest (paid)

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

It is a C2D Dual Core T4200
If it came with 2GB of RAM, 1Gb is used up by the GPU, as it does not have its own RAM. Plus other processes.

In a laptop, memory is easy, but there are a max of 2 slots, you will have to get a higher memory card thaan 1GB.

CPUs for laptops are another factor. Yes, you can upgrade them, but you will get next to none extra performance out of it.

But its saying on my system info that this is a Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU 575 @ 2.00GHz, ~2.0GHz and its supose to be a dual core

my temps atm with firefox up msn, yahoo, mIRC are

CPU temp is 46oC and thats 112oF

oACPI is 53oC 127oF

HDD is at 42oC 107 oF

are these to high? and if so , how can i reduce them? :(

Just give us the C temps. That's what we go by.

All your temps are fine.

Your max CPU temp should be in the 50C raange on low graphics.
HDD should be in the mid 40c range (~45C)

I'm unsure of your CPU, where did you buy it?

But its saying on my system info that this is a Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU 575 @ 2.00GHz, ~2.0GHz and its supose to be a dual core

I'm looking at your "system info" and then at the Thread Title which says Asus X58L. The X58 is telling me you should have a i7 920 or better cpu. It just doesn't sound right to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom