Help me pick the processors and graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HD4890 can handle physx, just not as well as the nVidia GTX260

Here is another snapshot comparing the physx engines

As you can see, besides the fact I really need to find more reputable diagrams, the 4890 out performs the GTX260 in the 1920x1080 test without the physx or AA on, however with the physx on high and a little bit of AA, both cards suffer dramatically (Though not un-playable) with the GTX 260 out performing the 4890

Here is the same deal, though with 4xAA included

There are examples located at this site where they run more tests, but to save you time looking too hard into this particular source, the GTX out performs the 4890 in all the physx challenges, where as the 4890 out performs the GTX when not running the physx engine or AA.

Actually, here is one more

It all boils down to what type of gaming you want to do.

That said, I would like to hear what muffin man has to say, I know more about nVidia cards than I do Radeon, perhaps there is something I am missing. And Hopefully, he can provide us with some more reputable stats.

PS: Unfortunately I can't link that website because this forums page keep censoring the title lol. But it's on the pics in the links.

So, it seems the GTX260 is much better because playing a game without AA and PhyscX mean very poor graphic quality!!! And i play games like COD, Battlefield 2, Splinter Cell, and NFS or split second, Batman, POP to summurize i play all games with good rating and good graphics.

I got a friend using a HD4850 with a Q9650 and his game have no lagging and when I try running games at HIGh specs it lags!! I thnk it is because of the CPU.
Am i right??

Some people swear by AA and PhysX, I on the other hand dont notice a difference. I play all of those previously mentioned games, and for the difference in price between ATI and NVidia, I can't possibly justify it. Depends if you want "very high" settings (I'm fine with that for the price) or "bleeding edge" settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom