Need some help on a gaming computer build. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i get called out all the time Fox, i think im a bit over zealous, i like helping but sometimes give incorrect information. you get called out and you will know for next time.

In the exact same boat, Get all excited and think of some ideas, but never think to check if those ideas are even related lol, or when I do check, I often overlook the obvious :D

Thanks for the added info guys. Yeah, I'm thinking I'm just going to stick with the 1055T. In all of the reviews I've seen there isn't a significant enough difference between the two and the 1055T is usually underclocked in the comparisons.

Yeah, once I get it built I'll let ya know how it went. Still waiting on a check to round out the remainder of the money I need so I have to wait about a week and a half. I'm getting REALLY anxious. I hate waiting haha.

No worries there haha. Pretty much all I've been doing is researching every piece I'll be purchasing. Again thanks for all the help from everyone. I'm sure I'll have at least a few more questions before I purchase the parts. :D lol Yeah, Fox I'm resisting the urge to do the same thing.

Well, you can OC the i5 easily to 4GHz so... and most games don't take advantage of multicore so unless you're folding or using apps that take advantage of the two extra cores you won't notice a big advantage.

Take a look at this review:
AMD's Six-Core Phenom II X6 1090T & 1055T Reviewed - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

The i5 performs better on games or apps that don't take advantage of multicores. The 1055T performs better on apps that take advantage of multiple cores.

Now is up to you which cpu is better for your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom