XPS Back to upgrading again

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULTIMA

Solid State Member
Back again same Dell Dimension XPS Gen 5 machine looking to try to put in a new mother board if possible if not then jsut a processor upgrade just to go with the ram up grade and i cant find proper specs for the board i really would like to hit dual core if not quad core processing thanks again

Chances are that machine is too old for upgrading. You're better off starting from scratch on a build, since to get anywhere close to current you'd need to change motherboard, processor, RAM, probably power supply and video card.

Your mobo looks to be a standard ATX board... which is good. Your power supply is far from standard, but at least it is 460W.

You will be looking at a mobo, CPU, and RAM (as your system uses DDR).

What's your budget?

somewhere around zero at this point in time just got hit with a big car fix and just got new job need to save up a bit but its at an electronics store which means discounts YAYZ...plan for now is to build this case up as great as i can then convert it to a server when i finish building my new gaming machine would appreciate some sugestions ill probably start a new thread on that soon though but as for up grading this thing whatever it takes although it works for now and sadly i cant afford to be reckless with my money anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom