Building a Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well im trusting the sales guy at my work who knows literally everything. You are right they took it out a year ago according to him they just new drivers allowing it again.

Yha, I wouldn't trust him. Had it be true, the web would be alive with the sound of music.... er Multiple posts on known websites.

This last driver has been out in beta for awhile, and not 1 post as to allow a nvidia cad as a physix on an ati main card

i had come across this yesterday, and i think this is what you're referring to.

don't know how credible the site is though, but i'll post it anyway.
Nvidia blames amd for dropping physx support - The Inquirer

"So imagine the embarrassment for Nvidia when a few weeks ago the firm, with all its "quality assurance" practices, uploaded a beta version of its Forceware drivers that supported the very thing that it said adds to its cost and brings down the quality of Nvidia's products. Like cross-vendor Physx support, Nvidia dropped the driver quickly, though not fast enough because punters and review sites managed to grab copies to see what the current state of play was with AMD's well received Radeon 5870 and 5970 cards.

When the lads at Tweaktown went to, er, town with a couple of AMD's finest, the results were not all that surprising. As AMD's Radeon HD 5970 is pretty much the fastest GPU money can buy and doesn't require you to live next door to Sellafield, the writing was on the wall for Nvidia."

so it looks like they were just beta drivers, but have since been pulled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom