new motherboard installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desolation

In Runtime
got my crosshair VI mother board installed, runs great no more hangs but im pretty sure my old mother board damaged my cpu. i get minor stuttering when booting when the windows logo starts to load it jumps and stutters and same with when i load games and benchmarks.

i moved so i have a few more options for computer stores and ways to test my parts now. gonna see if i can find some one that's got a am3 mother board so i can try swapping parts around and test em. and see if i cant find out whats damaged.

im just happy it doesn't take 30 mins to load the windows 7 setup anymore from boot. i had only one blue screen when i tried to oc but i think its either my memory or cpu that's damaged cause i got a memory management BSOD. so im keeping at stock speeds for now to test it, haven't had a crash yet at tock speeds so im happy.

Great, Desolation! :D

FYI, Tiger Direct may not have the best prices or products, but their main warehouse is in Chicago. I get products next day, with a 3-5 day shipping.

i use tiger direct and new egg, i mostly use new egg for cables and things cause there cheap. and i use tiger direct for most of my parts bought every part for my computer from em. except my mother board got it for 4 bucks cheaper than tiger direct otherwise i would have ordered from em and i live in Wisconsin dells now so im only 3 hours from there warehouse.

Well, for cables, I use Monoprice. Good prices on every cable you can think of.

You're only 2 hours from my house :D I'm in southeast Racine, right near the Kenosha border

nice thanks for the info have to check em out. ive been to busy lately to do much with my computer but im gonna be painting the inside black today, and painting small chrome strips behind my cold cathodes to refract the light from my red cold cathodes better. gonna be a bit of a pain to take all the tool free stuff out of my haf 932 case but o well the gray bugs me. its gonna look so much better once i get it all done, plus get to redo the cable management hopefully i can get it a little cleaner than it is, still looks good thou.

sweet i might be in Milwaukee this weekend at my brothers house. gonna go work on a few projects over at his place we've been working on his 80 mpg car hes got right now, and its not a hybrid thing is sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom