CPU Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwidner

Solid State Member
I have been looking around and doing some research to try and find a cpu cooler in the 60-80 range and the few I found intriguing there have been past threads reccomending that you can find better for the same price. With that being said what would be reccommended? I do not do any extreme overclocking (currently running an x4 965 oc to 3.8ghz at 1.5 volts etc). I was talked into the h50 corsair cooler and have been unhappy with it. I am looking to try and drop my temp a few degrees as under a load it seems to run about 57-58 degress. Since I found this website most of my research was kinda shot down in previous threads any suggestions?

I have 3 Thermalright Ultra 120's (aka TRUE) I'll be posting for sale this weekend. They be "pre-lapped" for a flat mirrored finish and with a good choice of a fan or fans the TRUE will perform as well as anything you'll find in that price range short of the Noctua NH-D14. The Noctua is an excellent heatsink and it is in your price range (the upper part) but it has a few drawbacks, mainly being extremely large and you'll need a Full Tower Case and a compatible mobo.

Noctua NH-D14 Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler for (AM2, AM3, 775, 1366, 1156)- 4 Dual Heat-Pipes Products Model: NH-D14 [NH-D14] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

What type of rpm or cfm would you reccommend for the TRUE? I saw your thread on the noctura and all I have is a mid tower so it is out of the question. I was thinking along the lines of maybe dual 2000rpm fans?

I really like silverstone fans, the FM123 will work with the trues fan clips while the other silverstone fans require modification as the screw holes are enclosed and the clips just don't work (tie straps work or safety wire, picture frame wire, etc...). The 38mm Scythe Kaze is also a good option in my opinion but to be truthful fan selection largely depends on your wallet and the decibels you can handle.

Thanks for the info slay, going to pick up a TRUE along with a pair of those silverstone fans, the microcenter right by my house stocks both and with a 5 day weekend coming up due to office renovations I will be doing the lapping myself. Great thread with instructions on that also btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom