boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander

In Runtime
Ok.. Here's the deal.. I get no beep on POST, no signal out to video monitor, Hard drive spins, all fans are spinning and thats where it stops.

Replaced motherboard, CPU chip, power supply, and tried a different video card... Nothing worked..

Checked rails on supply and getting good numbers there..

Motherboard is a biostar M7NCD pro, chip is an AMD 2600+, 400w PS, 1 gig ram..

I've tried booting with nothing but ram, video, cpu and HD and still get nothing.. I've even cleaned the contacts on the ram and video card to make sure I was getting good contact..

Just a note, When I was placing ram back in machine after replacing motherboard, I didn't get one seated all the way and got a BIOS beep code stating that there was a ram problem. Seated ram and beep code stopped, but I'm still not getting any POST messages..

Please, help, I'm completely out of ideas..

Alexander

can you get into cmos/bios setup?
make sure all jumpers/settings are correct?

obviously you getting power, but no processing...
sounds like a setting issue???

Nope, can't get to bios setup at all.. And the board is practically jumperless.. There are only two, one to reset CMOS, and it's currently set to open, and the other is the frequency setting for the processor, and I have tried both the "safe mode" and autodetect (from chip) mode.. Neither one makes a difference.. I have checked all settings on HDs and CD drives, and they are all set to auto, I'm taking the ram down tomorrow to have it tested.. That's the only thing that hasn't been replaced.. Hopefully they are bad, otherwise I'm completely stuck..

Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom