Anyone heard of tapatalk?

Viewing permission based on post count - Tapatalk Community Forum

There is the very reason why it wont work with our site. As we have forums based on post count which is not supported.

Another thing is this. It only supports certain devices. Why include this which only works with a very limited number of devices and not for every device?

Also how can it not be added to the pool if it is not needed? Wouldnt we need to add it first and test it out to find out if it was needed or not? How could we possibly know if it isnt needed if we didnt try it out? If it can be used then we have to go through the entire process of getting it to work. So now it wont make it a faster solution as they do not even give a list of compatible mods that work with the software. Only that they have "tested with many forums with certain degree of modifications and majority of them work well with Tapatalk."

Okay so what are these mods that work and dont? What do we do if it doesnt? Do we go to their site and wait for support on their forums? If so how long is the wait time? What do we do in the meantime? Disable the software? Uninstall it from the server?

Are we starting to understand that a bit more than "Hey this looks cool lets use it" Or "Hey dont get all upset. If you like the idea run with it, if not then scrap it". There is so much that has to be thought of for EVERY idea presented. It isnt just a simple use it or dont.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "getting our panties in a bunch".

That's too bad, it's a great app IMO.

Why include it even though it doesn't apply for every device? Convenience for those who have compatible devices. But for a forum this small the target group (newer smart phone owners) may not be very large.

I didn't say it was needed, I said, "maybe you guys could consider adding TF?" Which apparently you have done, and frankly I'm satisfied at that. Even then its debatable that a mobile version is "needed" at all...

And isn't this the Site suggestions/comments section? Meant for discussing SUGGESTIONS/COMMENTS on the site? An idea was suggested, Mak pointed out why it won't work, discussion over...

I know the trial and error that is involved with implementing a new feature on a site this "big" but thought Tapatalk would add convenience for mobile users while being semi-easy to setup, as it requires (AFAIK) no additional designing of an actual mobile version of the site.

Also how can it not be added to the pool if it is not needed? Wouldnt we need to add it first and test it out to find out if it was needed or not? How could we possibly know if it isnt needed if we didnt try it out? If it can be used then we have to go through the entire process of getting it to work. So now it wont make it a faster solution as they do not even give a list of compatible mods that work with the software. Only that they have "tested with many forums with certain degree of modifications and majority of them work well with Tapatalk."

Okay so what are these mods that work and dont? What do we do if it doesnt? Do we go to their site and wait for support on their forums? If so how long is the wait time? What do we do in the meantime? Disable the software? Uninstall it from the server?

Are we starting to understand that a bit more than "Hey this looks cool lets use it" Or "Hey dont get all upset. If you like the idea run with it, if not then scrap it". There is so much that has to be thought of for EVERY idea presented. It isnt just a simple use it or dont.

You take a look at it, by going to the site. Read a few paragraphs. Hmm, this doesn't seem like it would work well for us because it only has support for a few devices.We need something better for this site. Done, over with. No implementing or testing needed.

As usual something simple has been blown way out of proportion.

Tapatalk is a great thing, but it is rather exclusive. Tech-Forums is a great thing, but it is very inclusive. Exclusive does not work well for inclusive. Period.

For some reason the simple "we can't do that at this time" or "it is not our decision to make" does not register. Tech-Forums does not belong to Mak, or me, or the mods... we just work here. It is not our call to make on anything like this. We can do a lot within the forum and site, but adding a mobile version is not within the scope of our responsibilities. As I said before, Larry has already tried a couple of different versions with little to no success. That will change eventually, but this is not the solution... nor is the attitudes being displayed.

closed2ur0.gif

Back
Top Bottom