Got a question about DDR3 ram and this mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
I am going to be buying DDR3 tonight, as I have bought a newer motherboard.
Newegg.com - Crucial 1GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory Model CT12864BA1067
Currently I can't get 2 at the moment because I am helping mother with the bills.
So please, anybody that see's my current specs and see I am using windows 7 don't worry about that.
It will handle fine until september. ;)

Also I have bought a fully strict "AM3" socket only mobo, 2 reasons why I bought it.
NEW MSI 770-C45 AM3 AMD 770 ATX Motherboard Unopened! - eBay (item 220616187024 end time Jun-12-10 23:04:09 PDT)
I know my athlon ii x3 can be unlocked, I've read amd's specs about it thoroughly and it shouldn't give me much of a problem.
Heck I don't even bother to over clock it, getting a quad core would be nice as I am starting to need it more.
The only thing I am "concerned about it has no onboard, I have major problems with mobo's with no oboard that do not post.

I hope I don't regret this dearly....

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Will this ram be good enough for this mobo I am paying for in a few minutes ?

Also this MSI mobo that has no onboard video should it post up fine with my asus ati hd 4350 ?

The ram should... but I'm not a ram guru....

99% of high end boards have no onboard gpu, and they all boot fine... usually.

No one can answer the will it post question, as no one knows if the board is damaged.

Quick overlook of the motherboard and ram motherboard supports the correct ram speed for your ram. Motherboard = Supported RAM Speed: PC3-10600, PC3-6400,---> PC3-8500 <---
Ram = DDR3 1066 ---> (PC3 8500) <---

Quick overlook of the motherboard and ram motherboard supports the correct ram speed for your ram. Motherboard = Supported RAM Speed: PC3-10600, PC3-6400,---> PC3-8500 <---
Ram = DDR3 1066 ---> (PC3 8500) <---

Thanks for your input guys, got the mobo and ram at 4:30pm.
At 4:50pm it jump started with no post problems, and even though I didn't tell it not OC the Athlon II it did so on it's own.
The first and highest OC I got without touching was at 3.62Ghz and trying climb, crazy mobo bios had some real problems, even windows 7 did not like the high oc adjustment.
Luckily my netbook saved me and I was to download the latest bios very quickly and manage to shut this thing up before it did any harm to the cpu.
After doing this and unlocking the athlon ii with no problems windows 7 does not like the new hardware or the cpu, main problem again, it wanted the cpu under clocked to perform decently, it now idles at 2.4ghz for the next 2 days, until I can find out if it will stay stable and not bust a capicitor while I am not home.... :(

In all my tech years, I never seen a pyscho but decent mobo give me that much trouble upon boot up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom