Audio Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tariqadkhan

In Runtime
I have a dell inspiron 9300 and there is no audio. I have tried reinstalling the drivers which seem to be working properly and I have also opened it up and have a look at the connections and the wires condition. this all seems to be in good working condition.

So any ideas on what might be wrong?

What do you mean by "no audio"? Nothing out of the internal speakers or the external audio jack?

Have you gone through the audio settings?

(Assuming you mean internal audio (such as that out of built in speakers)) We can rule out

1. Driver problem (well, sort of rule it out)
2. Wiring is sound (so we can assume based on your statement)

I am going to start with the most obvious (Just in case) than get to the less obvious / more obscure / possibly expensive solutions.

1a. Is the sound enabled on the OS?
1b. Is the sound on the program you are using enabled?
2. You have the driver, but is the correct / best driver installed?
3. Is there any symbols in the device manager (Like an exclamation or question mark)

If it is none of the above, while it is unlikely, check the bios for anything relevant (if you laptop allows much access)

If none of the above fix it, you problem is most likely either the speaker have died (Unlikely seeing as how both stopped at the same time) Or the built in sound card on your Motherboard is dead.

One way to test if it is the internal "Sound Card" is to plug in a set of external speaker and see if they work (Headphones will work too).

Everything is audio enabled, the drivers are up to date and there are no exclamation marks in the device manager. I think that the sound card is working to an extent as only the left speaker works on my headphones and external speakers. what do I do , flash the bios?

I don't think flashing the bios would resolve your issue. I think your problem lies within the hardware itself, Does you laptop experience any extremes? Like prolonged periods or heat, or any rapid temperature change (which may lead to condensation), or possibly could it have been exposed to a surge somehow (Though this last is unlikely given your PSU is still in good shape)? My guess is the sound section of your motherboard is damaged somehow, and if that is the case, you may be SOL. I believe this for two reasons, one being because the internal speakers do not work, and only part of the external speakers work.

Before calling it quits though, since you are able to open and investigate your laptop, make sure the jack you used is connected correctly. After-all "Correlation does not imply causation. "

My specializations lie outside the realm of laptop specific motherboards, but from the sounds of your problem that is my guess.

Who knows though, perhaps somebody else has an Idea I am overlooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom