Micro ATX Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one said no card would work. You wanted a much better card, the 9250, and thus you needed a new psu.

From the info and questions asked, you were provided correct info, as backed up by the ati folks. Had you asked about the 7200, you would have got that info.

My grasp on this topic is you were deciding between two PSU's and the deicidign factor was the 9250.

While it IS POSSIBLE to use a card which requires more power than the system can provide, I do not recommend doing this, Not only would you not be fully utilizing the card, you could potentially be causing damage by underclocking it for prolonged periods of time, I would recommend regardless of if you need it or not right now, go with AT LEAST a 450, which will be mildly conducive to future upgrades. While you may never get that on a setup like you have now, in the future if you were to ever get a better computer and decide to go with a good graphics card, it would be helpful for you to have.

Again, just my opinion.

Also, while the 9250 is a terrible card (IMO) I can't really suggest anything better as I have not dealt with a plain PCI card in quite a while.

I hope I grasped what was going on correctly and you find my advice acceptable.

If I were you and it were at all possible, I may seriously consider buying a new computer, even for an e-mail box that is getting a bit dated lol.

Well do you guys think that the 150 watts power supply is not going to last if I continue to use my current Radeon 7200 video card? Or are you talking about if I get the 9250 or so then I will need a new power supply to make sure it will work.

Well I don't have enough to buy a new system that's why I want to upgrade my current one to the best. I will need a new psu if I wanted to upgrade to a GeForce 6200 or 8400 etc.

Start saving now.. 10 or 20 bucks a month will get you enough in a year or so, when your latest upgrade starts to have issues.

saddly adding more to your current setup is wasting money. If you can get away with playing your games with your current setup, I'd save for new parts altogether.

Start saving now.. 10 or 20 bucks a month will get you enough in a year or so, when your latest upgrade starts to have issues.

saddly adding more to your current setup is wasting money. If you can get away with playing your games with your current setup, I'd save for new parts altogether.

I strongly agree with the above, Even my grandma is rocking a quad core :D (No offense meant but sadly not joking). But, I realize times are tight for everybody.

This is kinda interesting but I have tested my new card with allkinds of programs and over all somereason the AGP Intel IGP was better. In games it did help some lags but over all my onboard video was better I think maybe it's because the onboard uses AGP 2X instead of PCI. As you know PCI is alot slower than AGP. I think to over come the PCI I need a better video card. But eather was I' am going to save to get a new power supply and also get a better card like the GeForce 8400 or something around that range. It will take a while but I think after I get a better card I will be happy.

and NO I' am not getting a new system. I told you guys about that I' am not getting a new system until the motherboard of this system doesn't work anymore. Also since this was a gift.

No one said you need to buy a new one now. But you are puting money into something that can never be. Which is almost like just throwing it in the garbage.

Just hate watching folks throw their money away...

You said you'll wait till the mobo goes, and thats what I said... Start saving now, and you can get 3x the system for just over 200 bucks, reusing some of your old parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom