Strange USB jump drive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cirenosille

Beta member
So, I have a jump drive that I just bought a few weeks ago that very well may be dead now, but I'm not sure. I bought it for my car, it has a usb port that I can play my music from, so having a 16GB stick for tons of music is pretty nice.

The problem now is that the drive seems dead when I connect it to my computer, but my car will still play all the music I had on there.

When I try to access it from my computer it either reads as a 0 memory drive with nothing in it, or it will show up in my computer as having the amount of memory used and free until my anti-virus program scans it, which then makes it a 0 memory drive again.

So my question is, is the drive dead, and if so, why can my car still access the files on it? If it isn't dead, how could I remedy this situation?

Thank you for any help

No, it is not dead. Your computer is reading it incorrectly. Did you try a different USB port? Also, try plugging it in, uninstall the driver from Device Manager, and re-insert the stick.

I've tried switching the USB port, I tried on my laptop too, no luck there. Also tried uninstalling/re-installing without luck :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom