Help me decide between two LCD monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

light94

Solid State Member
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a new LCD monitor and after reading through hundreds of reviews, I've come across these two:

1) Amazon.com: ASUS VH242H 23.6-Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black: Electronics
2) Amazon.com: ASUS VH236H 23 Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black: Electronics

Which one is better assuming the exact price? The only difference I can see is that one is 23.6" and the other is 23"... but really this is a minimal difference. I also noticed that the cheaper one has 2ms response time vs 5ms in the more expensive one which is very surprising. Is there some significant difference between the two that I am not aware of?

Thanks!

I'd get the first one. The only difference as you said is the size, one's slightly bigger.
You also seem to get free shipping on the first one, if you buy it from that store.

I'd get the first one. The only difference as you said is the size, one's slightly bigger.
You also seem to get free shipping on the first one, if you buy it from that store.

Does the difference in response time matter though? 2 vs. 5

TBH the actual response time of both monitors is probably a far cry from both 2ms and 5ms. More likely to be 20-30ms at least.

Even if they were accurate, you're not going to notice any difference playing on a monitor with a 2ms lag compared to a 5ms lag. It's just too small a time difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom