Instal 3rd party raid driver to upgrade to windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dgreenphotography

Solid State Member
I have an Hp Pavilion dv6247cl Amd turion processor and Nvidia chipset. I need a SATA ACHI controller driver for windows install to recognize my hard disk. I have searched and searched for a driver that would work after about 1000 different drivers last night I gave up. Anyone know how to get the proper driver for my comp so I can finish my install?

Pheonix Bio Version F.27 i know its out of date but until I can get an operating system going I dont know how to use Hp's Flash utility. I though of possibly creating a bootable usb but then I dont know how to flash from there.

Ok so I have successfully flashed the bios with Hp's Bios update. Still no AHCI option in cmos. Stiil cant read SATA drive from windows installation disk. Says load 3rd party driver. Here is system info. Not sure where to find proper driver for intallation.

Product Number GA451UA#ABA
Microprocessor 1.8 GHz AMD Turion â„¢ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-56
Microprocessor Cache 512KB+512KB L2 Cache
Memory 1024 MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Memory Max 2048 MB Max supported
Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 (UMA)
Video Memory Up to 287 MB
Hard Drive 160GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA)
Multimedia Drive Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
Display 15.4" WXGA High-Definition Brightview Widescreen (1280 X 800) Display
Fax/Modem High speed 56k modem
Network Card Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
Wireless Connectivity 802.11b/g WLAN
Multimedia Features HP Imprint Finish & HP Webcam with Integrated Microphone
Sound Altec Lansing
Keyboard 101-key compatible & 2 Quick Launch Buttons-HP Quick Play Menu and DVD
Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad
PC Card Slots

1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)

External Ports

5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.02 Headphone out - 1 w/SPDIF Digital Audio & 1 stereo1 microphone-in1 VGA (15-pin)1 TV-Out (S-video)1 RJ-11 (modem)1 RJ -45 (LAN)1 notebook expansion port 31 IEEE 1394 Firewire (4-pin)1 Consumer IR

Dimensions 14.05" (L) x 10.12" (W) x 1" (min H)/1.56" (max H)
Weight 6.8 lbs
Security

Kensington® MicroSaver lock slotPower-on passwordAccepts 3rd party security lock devices

Power

65W AC Adapter12-Cell Lithium-Ion battery

k so I found a driver bundled in the HP chipset drivers from HP's support page. Windows installer recognizes the driver, but still finds no disk after loading driver. Im at a loss. I just want to install my operating system and get on with my life...

There is no RAID driver for your laptop as RAID uses multiple (at least two drives); you only have the one.

Since you only have the single SATA drive, the BIOS should only see it and no other. If you have an external drive hooked up, disengage it until the install is finished. Windows SHOULD be able to utilize the SATA drive as is without any additional drivers. the drivers from the HP website should be installed after Windows is up and running as they are better than the default Windows drivers, but Windows will use its own drivers to install itself.

If you are trying to hit F6 and install a 3rd party RAID driver... STOP! That does not apply to your situation at all. Ignore it and it will pass in a few seconds and continue on with the install. If it won't, use GParted to format your driver and start over from scratch... without trying to install a RAID driver.

ok tried formatting. bios recognises the drive and active boot recognizes it but the windows disk still finds no disk when it comes to the screen where you choose install location.

i unplugged all other drives at this point as well and still nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom