Buying Parts, need a compatibility check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would seriously, seriously consider purchasing a 5800 series vid card instead of that 5770. It was a mistake I also made myself. With a 1055 system you have so much potential in that processor, I forsee you being seriously bottlenecked by that card. I'd highly recommend upgrading that to a 5830. They're a bit more expensive but appear to be well worth the money. Especially if you ever plan on running graphics intensive games like Crysis.

Edit: Need to read replies before I reply myself instead of just skimming. MuffinMan already covered it.

Great news guys :), I put everything together (expect the **** molex connector for the three big fans, thing was too short and I'm going to get an extension soon). Connected the power, turned the switch on the PSU, took a deep breath and pressed the button. Presto, it worked.

Everything seemed to be good, fans (that were connected) were working great. No weird noises were being made. LED light was on on my motherboard. Everything seemed to be going well. Granted i turned it off soon after because i just wanted to make sure the thing worked before i started to work on the BIOS and what not.

All in all, thanks everyone for their help, these forums have been an invaluable resource for me.

Also, Diverdan, i will definitely get a better graphics card within six months. My gaming needs are not ridiculous right now and I wanted to keep the price low so i was ok with that graphics card. I will get a better one definitely.

Glad to hear that it worked out well for you, mate. I am more than a little envious. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom