Hey, some help on my computer build :) thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
say no to green drives unless if used for secondary hard drives or storage, green drive = slow

i would recommend finding a 6gb/s HDD considering that your mobo is compatible and making sure it is 7200 rpm or higher. I am unsure if there are IDE versions of these types of drives but if there are then do not even consider an IDE drive, get SATA ( Serial ATA )

I also checked to change the Cpu however it would cost me £25 pound more for the i5 750 instead of the i5 650

i agree with farinha, the i5 750 is the better deal.

you said you're looking at the i5 650 from aria which is £150.
Components » Processors » Intel Core i5 - Overclockers UK
idk where you were looking at that the 750 was £25 more, but you can get the 750 at overclockers for just £7 more. definitely worth the extra bit.

switch to this psu too.
OCZ PSU ModXStream Pro 500W- microdirect.co.uk

and skip the older interface ide optical drive, get a sata instead.

besides that everything looks good.

I agree with the others, you should buy the i5 750.

The problem with the 650 is your paying more for the built-in video. The 650 all by itself isn't worth $180 (I'm ignorant on £'s), your paying $30-$50 more than it's worth because of a feature your not going to use.

The 650 is good for a Home Theatre setup or a plain jane office worker workstation, but for gaming your paying to much for to little. Either pay more for the 750 or switch to a AMD or stick with the 650 and be disappointed with your PC in a year or less.

Thank you very much for all your feedback, i will get the i5 750, change the Psu to the one you reccomended ,changed the hdd to a Western-Digital-500GB-hard-disk-drive-Caviar-SE16 and look into the ati 5830 graphics card however its out of my budget for now so i will have to get the 5770, thanks for all your support :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom