new build having some trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

natrat21

Solid State Member
i have a gigabyte ga-965p-ds3p motherboard, 2x sapphire vapor-x redeon hd5770 o/c edition crossfire, xxx edition 650w xfx power supply, 8GB Patriot Gaming RAM 4X 2GB DDR2 1066 PC 8500 Memory, intel pentium daul core e6500 2.93ghz 1066fsb cpu, 3x samsung 1tb hard drives.

i have put this all together and fired it up but it starts up then stops then keeps doing that, if anyone had any suggestions would be great thank you.

i am trying to give use as much info as i can thats all. i know it wont run without a cpu , but the system is powering on and off starts up then stops and repeats and if the cpu is out it starts and stays running could it be something to do with the cpu? its not the power supply i have tried another one in it same thing i also tried another cpu and it does the same thing.

i have checked that all the connection and cables are in the right spots and plugged in correctly.

How far into boot up does it get? Do you see anything on the screen before it dies?

I take you tried clearing the CMOS?

Next I'd strip the build to a bare minimum, 1 GPU, 1 stick of RAM, the primary HDD, get rid of the extra stuff and see if it boots then.

You PSU gurus, any issues with a 650W pushing that much stuff?

i dont get anything on the screen at all on boot up it just seems to start loading then stops again will try with just the basics see how i go thank you

i tried just one hd, ram, cpu, graphics card and still same thing tried clearing the cmos not sure if i am doin it right

The system will not boot without the cpu, it will not go into the bios. Without the cpu it will just sit there. When you install a cpu the system can continue with it's "Pre-Test" and it will therefore shutdown when it encounters a problem.

Your doing all this testing with and without the cpu, are you using the heatsink when you install the cpu? The system will shutdown without it because of the intense heat.

If you are using the heatsink then you either have a grounding problem ( set the pc up out of the case on a table and see if it works) , insufficent power or the cables are not connected properly, or a Defective part with the cpu being the least likely suspect unless your mobo is old and needs a bios update to recognize the cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom