$2400 for $1200

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to have to go with Puddle on this one. Coming from someone who owns a 15.4inch and a 12inch laptop. the notion that these larger ones are portable is a joke. The poor battery life, size and heating is reason enough to never get one above 12 inches.

A laptop's primary mission is not to play games, but to be a portable PC. Most people spend the majority of their pc time surfing the web, listening to music, and using office. Things that don't require major power. The MX11 can accomplish all of this with great size and economy while also being able to do moderate gaming. I think it's one of the bets laptop deals around right now. No laptop is as good as an equally priced desktop in raw power, we know this. To make a laptop comparable to a middle of the road gaming desktop forces you to sacrifice everything that makes it a laptop and to me that is unacceptable. If you want a good gaming rig that can max the best games then get a desktop. If you want a laptop that can handle day to day stuff and can then play counter strike at the cafe every now and then, get the MX11.

Im getting one at the end of the year. If i had to get one now, ive seen an Acer which is perfect for me.

14" LED Screen, Thin Chassis
Core i5 2.26GHZ
4GB RAM
ATI 5650 1GB Video
500GB HDD
+ 8 Hours Battery Life.

Hate to bump the thread, but the main reason was to get that model name, and maybe it'll be useful to everybody else.

I'm going to have to go with Puddle on this one. Coming from someone who owns a 15.4inch and a 12inch laptop. the notion that these larger ones are portable is a joke. The poor battery life, size and heating is reason enough to never get one above 12 inches.

A laptop's primary mission is not to play games, but to be a portable PC. Most people spend the majority of their pc time surfing the web, listening to music, and using office. Things that don't require major power. The MX11 can accomplish all of this with great size and economy while also being able to do moderate gaming. I think it's one of the bets laptop deals around right now. No laptop is as good as an equally priced desktop in raw power, we know this. To make a laptop comparable to a middle of the road gaming desktop forces you to sacrifice everything that makes it a laptop and to me that is unacceptable. If you want a good gaming rig that can max the best games then get a desktop. If you want a laptop that can handle day to day stuff and can then play counter strike at the cafe every now and then, get the MX11.

Agreed, but still though, I personally wouldn't buy the m11x, and would rather get a huge upgrade on my desktop for like $500, and buy a netbook. Gaming laptops are kind of an unnecessary niche, but some people do really need them.

If you are not a hardcore gamer, the M11x may not be beneficial. But a dedicated card and 4GB RAM is hard to come by on a netbook.

Hate to bump the thread, but the main reason was to get that model name, and maybe it'll be useful to everybody else.

Agreed, but still though, I personally wouldn't buy the m11x, and would rather get a huge upgrade on my desktop for like $500, and buy a netbook. Gaming laptops are kind of an unnecessary niche, but some people do really need them.

Honestly vern it's gaming performance is so so. I wouldn't call it gaming laptop, even though the temptation is there due to the badge on it. For me the kicker is the overall performance (cpu, mem, video and batterylife0 for the price. It's a very good well rounded laptop. I really don't care who makes a product if it's good. Except for Apple, I have a vendetta against them,. but that's another matter altogether.

You can get the M11x with core i5 and i7 processors now in addition to the previous options so it's an even more appealing system than it was originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom