Just built my PC, nothing coming up on the screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Paton.

So we're thinking it's got to either be the PSU or the Mobo right? Cause everything spins and turns on fine, I just can't get it to POST.

So after I get the PSU, worst comes to worst I RMA the Mobo?

a jumper is a plastic "plug" like device usually small and connects configuration pins together in sets of either 2 or 3 if u need an example try looking at one of your hard drives. The jumper on hard drives are very similar to what consists on the MOBO.
imgres

Thanks Bluefox, that's helpful!

I'm going to do a minimal start using the new PSU when it comes in. I'm just going to plug up the Mobo, CPU, 1 stick of RAM and the GPU and see if I can get it to POST.

If it wont POST on the new PSU, then I'll probably just return the CPU/Mobo for replacement since that would have to be the issue.

Sound like a plan? Hah

Set it all up as normal to start with. Only remove some of the ram if you have a problem.

Set up everything normal? Or just the RAM?

I was only going to use the CPU, Mobo, GPU and RAM to POST it before I put stuff back in the case. Cause if I build it all up, and it wont POST, then I just have to break it back down again and return the Mobo/CPU.

So just trying to save some time, no need to build it all the way up if I'm not even sure it will POST...

If its out of the case then yha, do'r.

Your boards ha an intergrated gpu doesn't it? run it with that instead first.

The Mobo box says it has an ATI 4200 HD graphics, so I assume that's the on board GPU.

So just do the Mobo, RAM, and CPU to POST it? If it works, build it up. If not, it's obviously a CPU/Mobo issue.

? :)

The CPU and Mobo are brand new, so they should be fine, but in case something is wrong luckily I can return them for replacement. The only reason I'm doing the POST with just those parts is to diagnose the problem, hopefully the PSU was the issue, we'll see on Wed when the new one gets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom