Just built my PC, nothing coming up on the screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While the 24pin adapter may work, which I suspect it will. You really need to get a power supply designed for todays modern systems. Even thou PC Pwr. & Clg. is an excellent company, all power supplies will degrade over time and yours has had a long time. And while they may say it's good for a Lifetime it isn't and when a Power Supply goes out they sometimes take other components with them.

Yeah Slay, I went to the computer store and the guy said basically what you just did.

He told me not to get the adapter, that the Mobo should post even if only 20 are plugged in.

He has a PSU he says will do the trick for $80, and I can return it for refund if it's not the problem.

Does that sound like what I should do?

we need more info than just, "a psu that will do the trick for $80", he is a salesman after all so ofcourse he'll say something like that.

what brand? what model is it?

ThermalTake 600W 600CR2

Haha when I asked him for the Model # he said well if you're getting one online you can probably get a better one this is just what we have.

The only thing is they will Refund it if it doesn't work for me. I think Newegg just does replacement or restocking fee.

There is also this though: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153116 Which is $10 cheaper after rebate but I don't know what their restocking fee is, if it's not the issue.

Are you sure 520W is enough? Did ya read my system specs? GPU alone uses 450.

The one I linked is only $5 more with rebate - 650W

Which one is better?

And does anyone know their restocking fee? We're going under the assumption that it is the PSU and not a bad Mobo

Newegg.com - Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W Continuous Power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

And it will handle my build fine, your sure?

AMD Phenom II 955
Asus Evo M4A7
XFX 5770 GPU...

Just seems like a low wattage cause my old one is 510-650peak

And also, given I've replaced EVERYTHING but the PSU and Optical Drives... This really should be the last thing I have to buy right? This thing is turning into a money pit. Original budget was $500, up to $700. Otherwise if the problem is with one of the new components I can just get a replacement for free.

Thanks Muff Man.

And should be the last thing I have to drop money into? All the other new parts have a return for free replacement... Like if the mobo was bad.

Just ordered the PSU, should be here by Wednesday. Let's hope that's the end of it. I'm bout sick of computer building now.. Sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom